cost of building a house

ulysses32

Hi all,
Currently considering building a house but not sure on what the costs might be.

Anybody built recently? How much did it cost?

thinking about a house of 2,000 to 2,500 sq. ft.

The Bruce Shaw Partnership website gives useful information.

http://www.bruceshaw.ie/industry_info/irish_contruction_costs/average_construction_cost_1/

1250-1600/sq.m. suggests a rough range of 255,000 to 297,000 for the 2,000 sq.ft. unit.

But that's for estate house level finishes for a 100sq.m. house.
A larger house, a demanding client, costly finishes, state of the art comms and entertainment systems, "American" Fridges, Washing Machines and Dish Washers could easily increase these estimates by 50-100%.

Similar a self-builder could dramatically reduce these costs.

And then there is supposed to have been a drop in prices across the board.

For other cost estimates and the pros and cons associated with builders and self- build, certifcation and insurance, the risks associates with using or not using professionals, you could search this posts on site.

HTH

ONQ.

How long is a piece of string?

A basic build in Cork now costs between €55 & €100+ per sq ft. The average when I was being quoted was €75. This is a block built home with a basic builders finish. Once you spec up elements then the costs rise.

You will then need to finish it (kitchen, paint, floors etc) and this will costs between €20k and €60k if you are fairly conservative.

I am building a 2600 sq ft in Cork and my build will cost €219k for the builders finish and about €50k to finish.

Back