Cost of a new patio

strangel00p

Hello there,

I'm based in Dublin and thinking of getting a patio with granite slabs installed.

I was wondering if anyone has a ball park figure on how much it would cost do this? Just wanted a rough idea on what I would have to pay before asking for quotes.

size of patio would be;
4 meters x 10 meters.

Thank you

I got some other work done last year and a 35 sq mt patio fitted...it was €6,500 in total but the patio was the big end of it so I’d estimate €5k

I had a granite patio put in two years ago. I was doing about 25sqm including a couple of steps and setts around the outside, the granite cost €1400 for 30mm thick slabs from a place in Newry which I would recommend (murdockhardwood.com), significantly cheaper than anything I could find down here.

Fitting for mine was somewhere around €2-3k but the builder was onsite doing other work and as part of that had put in the hardcore base for the patio etc. Builder was also from NI and excellent, happy to pass on his details if you want them.

€5-6k seems about right to me too, but will depend on the work required to get ready for the patio to go in of course.

I had a granite patio put in two years ago. I was doing about 25sqm including a couple of steps and setts around the outside, the granite cost €1400 for 30mm thick slabs from a place in Newry which I would recommend (murdockhardwood.com), significantly cheaper than anything I could find down here.

Fitting for mine was somewhere around €2-3k but the builder was onsite doing other work and as part of that had put in the hardcore base for the patio etc. Builder was also from NI and excellent, happy to pass on his details if you want them.

€5-6k seems about right to me too, but will depend on the work required to get ready for the patio to go in of course.
Hi Zenith63, if it's no trouble, I'd be very grateful if you could pass on the contact details of your builder

Reminder, keep all posts asking for and providing recommendations public.

Reminder, keep all posts asking for and providing recommendations public.
Sorry Leo, was not quite sure the protocol there.

I would not be happy to post the name/mobile of individual tradespeople though, is there an exemption for that kind of thing or just don't share it at all (which is fine, not a big deal).

Sorry Leo, was not quite sure the protocol there.

I would not be happy to post the name/mobile of individual tradespeople though, is there an exemption for that kind of thing or just don't share it at all (which is fine, not a big deal).

No prob, we are a little different to many other sites. Others don't allow public recommendations to protect the site owner, we don't allow private recommendations to protect users. We have had issues in the past with shady service providers private messaging others with recommendations pretending to be satisfied customers.

Back