cork to roscoff

F

fork

I'm planning on ogoing on the above route with brittany ferries next year.
It will be my first time and would appreciate any tips people would have on this, such as what is the best type of cabin to book for myself, the wife and three kids.
Thanks

Hi Fork

We used it a few years ago and the service was good. We booked a 4 berth cabin with ensuite for 5 of us. The smallest(age 5) slept on the floor in a sleeping bag. No problems at all. THe food on the route was quite good although expensive and priced in Stg, 5 yrs ago, may be in Euro now. We had a rough return crossing from Roscoff so have not used it since but are considering it for next year. The following year we used the Landbridge, Dub-Holyhead, Poole-Cherbourg. Never again! We have since used Ryanair to Paris and hired car. Good! Overall, the most economical is the Direct Ferry and it's nice to have your own car. Bon Voyage! The new Pont Aven looks fab on screen as long as it sails for you.

Slim 8)

Took the Pont Aven during the summer.

If you bring young children, I would definitely recommend night sailings so you all can sleep some of the journey away.

Couldn't get a four-berth (My wife, myself and three children).
Took 2 x 2 berth cabins. Cabins were quite small but sufficient for a night's sleep and included a shower. Wouldn't want to be planning on spending too much time in them otherwise though.

Food was pretty much what you'd expect, pricy and pretty bland. I'd advise brining some snacks on board for the kids.

Otherwise, crossing was excellent. Boat is very spacious, plenty of room to walk around etc. Service was good.

Personally, I think it's a better option that flying/car rental given that with a roof box, you can bring practically everything you or the children will need during your holiday.

The best cabins to book are the one on the upper decks with window and en-suite.

Back