Core Estate Management

Put your name forward as a director in the next AGM. Get a few people on board with the idea then oust them as the management agent.
Our last AGM was at beginning of 2019 and nobody knows when next one will be.
Anyway, this is very straight advise, I would just like to know how our money is being used and make them reply to us, not to be threatened with a penalty.

When they call the AGM they usually send out the budget projections for the next year as well as the actual budget for the previous year. Did you get these ? I would ask them for these documents if you don't.

{When they call the AGM they usually send out the budget projections for the next year as well as the actual budget for the previous year. Did you get these? I would ask them for these documents if you don't
]
We have the Sȩrvice Charge Budget-Financial Year Commencing 1st April 2020 (duplicate 2019), where Levy for High Court Legal Action is €300,000.00.
We cannot see any explanation if it was used for stated purposes and if the full amount was spent in 2019
We are trying to get this information from our Management Company, but they just ignore us
Who can we contact to make CORE respond to us??

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, I would definitely do this, but there is no possibility to find who is the current director of OMC.
The Management company replied that they do not have any contact details
Company Registery Office has only part of OMC address without No of apartment
In all our blocks of 201 apartments, we found only 3 owners, who do not have any information about who is Director OMC

The current elected directors. If they are owner occupiers just call in and ask them. You are a member of the management company.
Who can we contact to make CORE respond to us??

Core I believe use a mail drop off house as an empty office so if you want to complain there is no one there to complain to best thing to do is pretend to own a large property and you are looking for an agent if CORE sees money they will come running

I guess you need to stop paying the management fees then till they get in contact with you.

I guess you need to stop paying the management fees then till they get in contact with you.
Normal procedure management are in a win win situation provided they manage a lot of apts. Managing a lot of apts means that a few owners not paying fees can be OK. However if the management only manage 10 apts and 2 owners stop paying then 20% of income being lost is a problem. If a large management company has problems with non payers they will make threats to go to court but normally do nothing. Going to court might be bad publicity and questions might be asked why they charge 2000-3000 pa but do very little. Hence they wait until the owner sells and then retrieve money owed plus a large bonus from the conveyancing claims......Property management agents keep their real address a secret, and keep AGM dates a secret

Cannot be sure but this is what I suspect. Core have been or are being sued and instead of paying legal fees they are letting their customers pay the legal fees

Normal procedure management are in a win win situation provided they manage a lot of apts. Managing a lot of apts means that a few owners not paying fees can be OK. However if the management only manage 10 apts and 2 owners stop paying then 20% of income being lost is a problem. If a large management company has problems with non payers they will make threats to go to court but normally do nothing. Going to court might be bad publicity and questions might be asked why they charge 2000-3000 pa but do very little. Hence they wait until the owner sells and then retrieve money owed plus a large bonus from the conveyancing claims......Property management agents keep their real address a secret, and keep AGM dates a secret

Perhaps you should be researching the difference between Management Companies and Management Agents and who decides fees, calls AGM's, is responsible for the budget etc etc....
I have no dealings with Core but I find generally people really have no idea what Management Agents are responsible for....

Back