Common law relationship breakup and property query

It can be difficult to disentangle interpersonal difficulties from financial arrangements. It looks to me as if you have achieved that for the time being. That's probably as good a result as you can get, especially as your former partner has a wish to re-organise his life.

If you can manage to put the thing on the back burner for now, and concentrate on the more rewarding aspects of your own life, it would be good.

Thats the plan. After 6 months of fighting we have finally reached an agreement about the property and access to the child.
I am slightly sceptical though as there have been many arrangments put in place and altered by him to suit him or have them used to get to me if I do something he doesn't like. i have been guilty of it on occasion especially the first month or two.

However I am stronger now than I was in the past and have told him in no uncertain terms to just stick to the agreements we have thrashed out and leave me be.
I plan to do the same. Here's hoping the next one works out a bit better (if I ever go there again ;))

Back