CO2 emissions per manufactured product

Caveat

I see that Walkers state that there are 75g of CO2 emissions per 25g bag of their crisps.

I don't know much about this but the ratio seems high. If you assume that Tayto for example are roughly comparable, they sell 750,000 packs per day (according to their website) which would equal around 56,250 Kg of CO2 emissions.

Does anyone know if this ratio of 3:1 (emissions to gross weight) is typical for certain products?
I know it would largely depend on ingredients/packaging etc but does anyone have any idea?

As I've said, I don't really know much about this but the crisp figure alone seems high to me.

Can't help wondering if Heinz will publish likely methane counts.........

BBC2 (Newsnight?) did at least one feature recently looking behind the figures on the Walker's crisp packets. I didn't really pay attention so don't know how good or bad the report was (e.g. was it like some of the rubbish on Horizon in recent years etc.). However you may find some useful info/links on their website about this.

In ten or fifteen years time, people will laugh at the current obsession with CO2, and the notion that it is akin to a poisonous substance to be avoided at all costs.