Clutch problems, do i need a new one?

well ive opened the bonnet and boy it smelt really hot under there. i was only in the car for a 45mins driving. I couldnt tell what was what under there so closed it again.

I will let ye all know how i get on on saturday. many thanks. michelle!

well ive opened the bonnet and boy it smelt really hot under there. i was only in the car for a 45mins driving. I couldnt tell what was what under there so closed it again.

I will let ye all know how i get on on saturday. many thanks. michelle!
Classic Michelle...I got a really good laugh out of this!!
Hope it`s good news on Saturday, but if the car is still under warranty it shouldn`t matter anyway. :D

yeah but wont the warrenty only cover parts?

this is a different garage than to where i bought it. (they went bust) but i have always had it serviced with this crowd!

Peugeot would ultimately be liable, so the garage shouldn't matter. If the car is faulty, then the warranty should cover labour also.

I would imagine parts and labour would be covered , Peugeot Ireland will tell you. But if it was a serious problem with the clutch and not caused by abuse or misuse i am sure Peugeot would look after it for you.
Let us know how you get on.

Peugeot would ultimately be liable, so the garage shouldn't matter. If the car is faulty, then the warranty should cover labour also.

It would depend on the warranty. It may or may not cover labour. They vary a lot.

This might be something simple as the linkage needing adjusting. Who knows.

It would depend on the warranty. It may or may not cover labour. They vary a lot...
It may or may not cover the clutch, if that's the problem. As you say,
... Who knows.
Michelle789 if you are passing a Halfords, QuickFit or Advance PitStop, just pop in and ask them to check the brake & clutch fluid level for you.

If they do a fluid top-up, press the clutch pedal and brake pedal a few times before starting the engine.

If that is the problem the sooner it is fixed the better (for you and the car).

How did you come up with your alias Smashbox?!!!

I smash gearboxes... in my spare time of course.. ;)

I have a great dad who tries to help me out by dragging me along anytime there is car trouble...

Michelle... any chance that you 'coast'?! As in, keeping your foot on the clutch for a little too long perhaps? Like between switching up/down gears? A nasty smell under the bonnet could show that the clutch burning out.

If it was the clutch or the fluid, I'd expect to effect all gears. Not just two specific ones.

Did you check the gearbox oil level? You could be low on gearbox oil. ANy spots of oil on your driveway from a failed cv joint etc?

.....or because it has ben so cold in the last cople of weeks, it can take the gearbox oil a bit longer to warm up to operating temp, giving a clunky feel to the gearchanges for the 1st few miles whilst the oil is cold and therefore thicker.

Hi all,

well brought the car and two of them drove it and nothing happened while they were driving it. i explained it was only sometimes, they said it could be something to do with the linkage all right and if it keeps up in a month or so bring it back!!

a month??

gonna ring another peugeot dealer on monday and ask them to look at it!

If its a warranty fix it shouldn't cost you anything.

Get it checked out.

Sounds like the gearbox to me.

I've had cars in the past where a bushing either in the gearbox, or in the linkage has given problems like that, VW, Opels. On others like Honda it was the gear box.

Back