Civil Service e-mail policy when name of dept changes. (ie @deti.ie to @djei.ie)

i agree. Sorry i can't say more, but i'm off to the shops in my datsun (which is insured by hibernian incidently) to buy some marathon bars and jif bath cream. You'll hardly recognise me - that oil of ulay stuff is working wonders for me. Give me a ring on my esat digifone number if you need me. But not while i'm watching family guy on channel 6 tonight.

:d

It doesn't - if they did, the Dept of Environment, Community and Local Goverment would be named the Dept of Housing, Local Government, Water, Planning, Environment, Community, Local Government Auditing, Voting, Building Standards, Fire services, Emergency Management, Waste, Climate Change, Rural Development, Rural Recreation, Community Development and Weather.

Oh the wits are there all right, but operating under the radar. The Dept of Community, Rural And Gaeltacht Affairs was commonly known as Craggy Island in the last Govt. The Minister of Justice Equality and Defence is commonly known as JEDward.

Dept of the wevver? Hats off :)o) to these fine chaps today then.

Not all departments have changed their email addresses after a change in title.

The Dept of Social Protection, which has undergone several "re-brands" since it was called Dept of Social Welfare continues to use welfare.ie as its email suffix.

It also uses welfare.ie as its webpage (although it also owns the domain www.socialprotection.ie which brings you to the same site).

Back