Cert. Of Compliance for Gas Re-Connection

Markove

Hello . I am enquiring as to what an RGI might charge to carry out the examination required to obtain a compliance certificate prior to the installation of a replacement gas meter ?
The dwelling concerned is a three bed terraced house constructed in 1997.
Thank you.

I got new gas meter fitted last week and I didn't need any cert of compliance. My meter needed replacing and Gas networks informed me beforehand that they were updating the meters in my area.

Yes, they recently removed the old meters in my area so I have applied to Bord Gais Eireann for a new one to be installed in order to get connected. There is no charge for this but they inform me I must have this certification. If not the fitters will refuse to carry out the job and I will be charged a sixty euro penalty .

That's odd, I was never asked for the cert in fact they wrote to me to say they were coming to install it. My new gas heating system was only put in last summer maybe they had a record.

That's odd, I was never asked for the cert in fact they wrote to me to say they were coming to install it. My new gas heating system was only put in last summer maybe they had a record.
Yes. This property had been vacant for over two years before I moved in.

Yes. This property had been vacant for over two years before I moved in.

I am just wondering when ESB networks starts rolling out their new smart metre later this year will it mean every household in the country will have to get compliance cert from an electrician. If that's the case I reckon they be very slow uptake. I know people living in houses where the wiring hasnt been upgraded since the sixties

OP, most of the checks to certify that an installation is safe would be included in your standard boiler service. Should cost less then €100. If you can get some recommendations from friends or neighbours for some operating in your area, phone around and ask, they'll know exactly what you need to get re-connected.

OP, most of the checks to certify that an installation is safe would be included in your standard boiler service. Should cost less then €100. If you can get some recommendations from friends or neighbours for some operating in your area, phone around and ask, they'll know exactly what you need to get re-connected.
Thank you.

Back