Celebrity diets

One thing that really bugs me about the Weight Watcher points type programme is how diet soft drinks don't have any points so in theory you could have as many as you like which doesn't sound very healthy to me with the amount of additives and colourings and god knows what in those drinks.

Yes - it couldnt be good for you.

I feel that trying to lose weight is purely a matter of simple mathematics and common sense. Reduce calorie intake. Increase calorie burning activities. Dont eat junk.

Sounds dead easy eh? If only I could put it into practice.

the vast majority of the public now wouldn't walk the length of themselves. Only time they sweat is when they see the 24 bag of Tayto is empty.

I like it!!!

There's a huge diet industry out there. As a "celebrity" you could make big money by gaining a few stone and then losing it again - magazine covers, "my diet hell", "I love my curves", etc.
Look at the womens magazines in the shops - most of them have the word "diet" on the front. If the diets actually worked in the long term then the magazines wouldn't need to keep using them to sell the magazines. I hate the way that these magazines promote healthy self esteem ("size 16 is sexy!")while at the same time constantly go on about losing weight ("how to lose those pesky pounds before Christmas!").

It's boring but true - eat healthy and cut out the rubbish foods....the end.

I like it!!!

There's a huge diet industry out there. As a "celebrity" you could make big money by gaining a few stone and then losing it again - magazine covers, "my diet hell", "I love my curves", etc.
Look at the womens magazines in the shops - most of them have the word "diet" on the front. If the diets actually worked in the long term then the magazines wouldn't need to keep using them to sell the magazines. I hate the way that these magazines promote healthy self esteem ("size 16 is sexy!")while at the same time constantly go on about losing weight ("how to lose those pesky pounds before Christmas!").

It's boring but true - eat healthy and cut out the rubbish foods....the end.

Has anyone tried that thing of buying a dress in the size you're hoping to get down to, so you can go and look at it everytime you're tempted to have a bar of chocolate or a glass of wine?

Has anyone tried that thing of buying a dress in the size you're hoping to get down to, so you can go and look at it everytime you're tempted to have a bar of chocolate or a glass of wine?

Tried it - its my whole wardrobe!!

Ive been every size from an 8 to a 16. I must say, in my own personal experience - I was chatted up WAY more often at the higher weights. At an 8 I was a skinny lonely me :)

I've tried it. It didn't go down well with the missus.

The Dolly Parton Diet which is very successful

1. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SLOP BUCKET.
2. KEEP IT OUT

Back