Celebrating on New Year's Eve

Me, the wife, a bottle of wine, a tube of pringles, a decent DVD so we don't have to watch whatever garbage is on the TV, smallie tucked up in her cot. Sure what more would you want???

Sounds gorgeous. That's my ideal new year's eve, I get a bit embarrassed with the auld lang syne (sorry can't spell that) and my friends and family that insist on going out onto the road to see the neighbours at twelve. A quiet night sounds much better!

Meeting and staying with four other adults in a lived-in isolated house at the foot of the Galtee mountains. Food, drink, table games and conversation, recitation and song. And more of same. An evening walk of a couple of miles each day, weather permitting). Ladies do the cooking and men do the washing up and pouring drinks. Worked well in 2007!

We're also thinking of our nearest mountain top with a close group of friends and family, flasks of a (medicinal) hot drink and a few munchies. Our own countdown, look at the stars, hugs (!!) and the first walk of the new year back down. Will post how it goes.

In bed, blankets over the head - depressed - thinking everyone else is out having fun. End of another bloody year

We're also thinking of our nearest mountain top with a close group of friends and family, flasks of a (medicinal) hot drink and a few munchies. Our own countdown, look at the stars, hugs (!!) and the first walk of the new year back down. Will post how it goes.

Go prepared. Mountain Rescue do not want to ring in the new year with you. ;)

I get a bit embarrassed with the auld lang syne (sorry can't spell that) and my friends and family that insist on going out onto the road to see the neighbours at twelve.

We used to do that at my Nan's place when we were kids - I thought it was lovely - just wish the neighbours well and then inside to finish off the Coke and crisps

Back