Cash expenses at funeral and claiming from estate

Positively

A relative passed away and I am the executor. The deceased's bank will release funds to cover funeral expenses. A number of cash payments were made at the funeral to the priest, singer and others. Since we do not have receipts I was wondering if there is any way to repay the person who paid these now or even after probate

As executor I paid these type of expenses to my siblings after probate and once assets were gathered. I made individual bank transfers to each, then I distributed the estate, also by bank transfer, I kept them separate so I could keep track.

Once the amount is reasonable it can probably be covered by an "expense request" by the person who paid it.

Effectively a short note "payment of €xxx to Fr XX officiating at funeral of xxx"

This payment was made by myself on behalf of the estate and this note acts as a request for re-imbursement

Signed xxxx

Were the cash expenses not managed by the funeral directors? It's the norm in my area that the funeral directors pay the priest, musicians, etc and then itemise these (as disbursements) on their bill - which gives the family a paper trail if needed.
I'd say not the norm everywhere, I know in my Dad's case we organised the singer/music/food etc afterwards and all that was paid in cash on the day, did get a receipt for food but nothing for the others and wouldn't have been expecting it either, a side hustle I'd imagine for a few locals! The Undertaker paid the priest/grave diggers/newspaper and themselves obviously but none of the side unessential bits as such were done or paid through them.

Thank you very much that's helpful. So I will ask to person who paid it to itemise what she paid and I will reimburse in distribution of estate.

Back