Cash Buyer

Remember that property prices may be coming down in places but there's an awful lot of places where property prices are increasing. Popular areas are still increasing and you can guess the rest of the story.

True, even where they are reporting price drops in areas of Dublin, it's not exactly a like for like comparison. There are a lot of new build, smaller properties being sold now, so they're comparing the prices these high density developments are achieving against the prices being achieved a year back where a higher proportion of more spacious properties in better established neighbourhoods were in the mix. It's not necessarily the case that similar properties in those established areas are dropping in price.

Bit harsh, did you expect them to do you a favour and not seek the best possible price for some reason?

Sorry no not at all, there was a mix up, my OH spoke to an agent that wasn't handling the sale, she put him off by saying how popular the property had been, told him there where 7 other bidders, it had gone way over the asking price etc...this thoroughly irritated me. I got in touch with the correct agent and got the info I was looking for.

Last edited:
Remember that property prices may be coming down in places but there's an awful lot of places where property prices are increasing. Popular areas are still increasing and you can guess the rest of the story.

God don't I know it, I was looking at stuff in Phibs & Stoneybatter earlier this week and you couldn't pay me to live there! We currently are in D8 and I can't wait to get out...

I got the latest bid info and what the seller has potentially accepted. We are not in a rush & I'm not looking to flip.

Last edited:
True, even where they are reporting price drops in areas of Dublin, it's not exactly a like for like comparison. There are a lot of new build, smaller properties being sold now, so they're comparing the prices these high density developments are achieving against the prices being achieved a year back where a higher proportion of more spacious properties in better established neighbourhoods were in the mix. It's not necessarily the case that similar properties in those established areas are dropping in price.

We currently live in one of the high density developments and its terrible, for us at least, the only upside is that my OH can walk, not transport dependant, home from work. In the area I want to buy in, he'd have to go back to a 40 minute commute. Although he mentioned getting a folding bike to use the DART.

Last edited:
Back