Carpenter requested to take on renovation project

lonelyplanet

Hi,
I am currently self employed as mainly doing carpentry and house maintenace type work for clients. I have recently been asked to take on a complete renovation project of house involving gutting house , building extension , new bathrooms etc. This will involve me bringing in other trades on site and wondering whats the best approach in setting up and quoting for this type of project. I can do all the work involved but want to ensure I price it appropriately and not out of pocket at end of project.

Is it best to get a QS to price the job ...Also wondering if there is a standard contract template that can be used for renovation/contstruction projects ?
Many thanks

QS is a huge YES for what you need to do. Hopefully you're in the game long enough to know or have heard of a few, they're brilliant in my opinion. Have a good chat with whoever is going to work with you, it's important you get to know one another and get on, you might get more work and it will be beneficial to both sides in the future.

Thanks for the comments and queries...the job is in the West of Ireland and I have plenty of contacts with respect to other trades...More concerned on the pricing of the job. I have no problem pricing for my own work but if taking on other peoples I need to ensure that I am covered.

Back