Car log book lost but now residing at new address

JamesN

Hi
Could anyone help me please. I've searched online but am not 100% clear on what to do. Perhaps some contributors here might.

Our cars logbook is registered to an old address that we lived in 8 years ago.

Stupidly we have lost the log book and only recently realised. I do not have access to this old address.

Obviously need a replacement log book but posted to our new address. Preferably registered to the new address although that's not essential - I could change it later if I just had my hands on it.

Can anyone kindly advise what might be the best course of action. I would have some old NCT certs and insurance disks although they might not prove a lot. The car has also been off the road for about 12 months so the tax has lapsed. The car would have been taxed for about 7 years at our new address so we did receive tax certs to this new address.

Thank you.

Don’t you need to bring the “log book” with you when taking the vehicle for the NCT?

With the CVRT Driving Licence is the only documentation required but IIRC I’d always been asked for VRC when attending an NCT.

Thanks, but I don't want the log book for an NCT. I want it because its being sold to someone and I want to transfer ownership.

I applied for a replacement logbook for a car I sold 3 months ago. It was just scrap value so the dealer took it and said he'd wait for the document to sell it on. I'm still waiting 2 months later.

Back