Can't get Finance

Re: Cant get Finance

will AIB entertain consolidating the loans without the extra 1k? if they will then take that.
my legal suggestions which do not entail fraud are as follows:

if you are insinuating my idea entails fraud you are way off mister. Graduate loans are available to apply for by banks, up to 3 years from when you graduate and they are exactly for this kind of purpose.
Getting a general personal loan from a credit union without going into detail is NOT fraud. I won't have you making comments like that about my suggestions.

- keep a spending diary or fill in the money makeover section here and try to figure out exactly where your income is going and where you may be able to make savings, difficult i know on your income but you would be surprised at how cutting out small things like getting a morning coffee or suchlike can save you;

I agree with these ideas, he will need to do the income/cash flow thing up anyway before he approaches lenders.

examine whether you can avail of transferring your credit card to a 0% balance transfer card from another bank, this will give you some breathing space for a while;

Like previous poster suggested, this is dangerous. Better he kills off the credit card and faces up to the debt it has caused him. That way you see the debt every month and you won't want to go through it again :)

Re: Cant get Finance

Applies for 7k loan with credit union- NOT saying it's for debt consolidation! (you can just tell credit union it's for home improvements)

you are suggesting here, quite clearly, that the OP lies on his loan application as to the purpose of the loan, how is this not supporting a fraudulent application?
given that the OP is unlikely to be a home owner given his income not only is it a fraudulent suggestion but one easily copped on to and discovered, so foolish as well as fraudulent.

I actually knew you'd weed out that quote :) -also it's you put that in bold not me.

If you read my full post I was suggesting Eoin would apply for a personal loan with CU.

You missed my point, sadly. What I was suggesting was he does not ask for a loan for debt consolidation.

And stand by that.

I have a totally clear record debts wise by the way. I have had credit card debts. etc. but I never missed a payment. It's advice coming from a non-fraud...

And someone trying to give REAL helpful solutions. I'd hate to have you as a financial advisor.

'Sell your books and cds, and make up a cash flow page'.

wasn't exactly 'weeding' out your quote, it was right there, and bolding phrases is used on this site to highlight things as you did yourself.

it was clear in your post that you were advocating not telling them it was for debt consolidation but you did give the example of home improvements i'm not making up what you stated.

the thing with fora like these is that they're concerned with the written word so what you write should reflect what you mean, not what you think you meant.

as for ridiculing my suggestions, it's standard recommendations all over this site to track your expenditure so that you know exactly where your money is going, as for selling the books/cds I did state that it might not get much money but given the situation the OP is in, it could help. I believe you did ask on his behalf for suggestions? Your only suggestion is to lie on a credit union loan application.

Thanks for all the input lads. Panic over AIB rang me today approving a loan for the full amount i needed.

You can get easy fundings for all your money needs by joining this great network of investors and entrepreneurs.

Mods, can you take a look at this user.

Plugging Website and wouldn't trust it as far as I could throw it.

Back