Can a child sue others child’s parent for assault by their little darling?

deco87

Frequent Poster
Had a similar situation where the father Egged on the kids . On seeing one of his sons give my lad a serious kick to the stomach I said to the kid not to do that again, the father verbally abused me , his thing was “ sure it’s only kids playing “ guards have to allow numerous “chances”as they are bound by regulations to do so. I sold up , peace of mind , worth it.
mess never going to end ... jaded huge problems for everyone living in the road.
drastic I know , life is short and peace of mind and stress free . Was worth it , never looked back

deco87

Frequent Poster
Sorry to hear what your son and you have been going through. Have these kids been bullying anyone else around? Are the parents of these kids generally difficult to other neighbours? If so, you might be able to group together with other neighbours and submit several reports to gardai and community gardai officer. There is strength in numbers. Also just encourage your son to protect himself when outside. He may have to do what he has to do to protect his mind and body. This way he will not feel as disempowered. I know that David Coleman (child psycholgist) encourages this especially for those kids who keep bullying another child. Role play is good too. Show your child some appropriate sportsmen protecting themsevles on the field/pitch when getting physically attacked in a game. You will notice they rarely walk away without protecting themselves first. However if there is a group of kids and he is on his own I would not let him outside and if possible consider moving house unless the bully's parents are reasonable and are open to a conversation.
Sensible advice ( unfortunately it’s harsh but a remedy)

phoenix53

Is he sporty? Even if he is not, I would recommend Taekwondo or any type martial art. Not for the damage he can do to others, but to build his self esteem and self confidence, learn how to deal with conflict , while at the same time gaining the knowledge that he can defend himself physically if he has to. A life time skill both physically and mentally.