Call from Car Dealer offering €3k off as they have not met their monthly targets

U2Fan

We have been looking for a new car over the last few weeks, and did the round of a few recommended car dealers. It has been MrsU2Fan meeting the car dealers as my health is not the best. To cut a long story short, a car dealer rang my wife today to say "We have not hit our monthly targets this month and my boss is going to offer an extra 3k off a Mazda 3 (car we looked at) but I need an answer by 5pm today". Is this common practice or just pressure selling?

I should have mentioned, original price 28500, he knocked 2k off as we were fully-paying up-front, to make it 26500 and now he has offered 1k extra to make it 25500. Is this a good deal for a new Mazda 6?

Sounds like a good deal for that car but maybe you still haven't found what you're looking for?

I kill me.

When you're doing a cash deal with no car to exchange they have a couple of grand to play with so they're not doing you any favours.

If you trade in a car they give you a price that appears a good deal because you pay for it in the new car price.

I would want to know if this is the old or the new version of the Mazda 6 and if it's the old version is it pre-registered by the dealer making you the second owner and the car effectively second hand to you. In practice it doesn't really make a lot of difference but worth checking out as these points would distiguish an OK deal from a good deal.

Sounds like a good deal for that car but maybe you still haven't found what you're looking for?

I kill me.

Very witty stifster..although it's all about what MrsU2Fan finds...and invariably I get vertigo when I see the prices.

Re: Call from Car Dealer offering €3k off as they have not met their monthly targets

Is it a mazda 3 or a 6?? diesel or petrol?

noah

As a cash buyer you would expect at least this kind of discount. I am amazed this is not general knowedge. The discount is respectable but dont be rushed. Use it at other outlets to bargain for a bigger discount. let competition work for you.

10.5% is still a sizeable cash discount. Much bigger than the norm.

Try getting that out of a MINI dealer. You'll fail.

[broken link removed]

Be careful here. The link is to the new mazda 6 pricelist. I can't see any at 28500 - cheapest is 27500 but maybe you have extras like paint etc added on.

I would clarify with the dealer that it is the new model they are talking about and its not the older version. In addition you should maybe check out the price of the car on the new VRT rates in July before making any decisions

There are some tweaks we are having on the car, and also a delivery charge to our house should we take it.

The new 6 (petrol 1.8) is far more fuel-efficient than the old model. Allegedly.

I'd imagine he's giving you the car at a knockdown price because its the basic (Executive) model (i.e. without DSC, cruise control etc).

Apparently, Irish dealers can only get their hands on a couple of Exec SEs each month, but there's an endless supply of base models that nobody's interested in.

My opinion? Spend an extra 2k and go for the SE instead. Or buy the diesel in July.

Diesel is really the only option here, if you want a Mazda 6 with decent economy.

There are some tweaks we are having on the car, and also a delivery charge to our house should we take it.
That's a decent discount. If you're going to buy the car you should be able to get them to swallow the delivery charge, fill the tank and throw in Mazda 6 floor mats, to seal the deal.