Cabinet reshuffle

Apologies, looks I heard it wrong.

A 'board' is not necessarily a quango on its own - more likely to be a committee/working group/review group, I'd have thought.

That which we call a rose.
By any other name would smell as sweet.

Newspapers dont decide party leaders, parties do. If shes perceived as good enough by the party she will get the job. If another is perceived as better she wont. Either way newspapers much as they like to think they influence everything wont influence that decision.

This -
The media are like vultures to Mary.

Much of the criticism to her is tabloid hysteria.

She was expected by a mindless opposition to influence independant boards and cut up legal lease agreements.

quickly followed by this after some adverse feedback - is strongly indicative a serious lack of conviction and moral fibre and an inability to be true to your principles.

Either that or you're a FF supporter from Cork (which amounts to the same thing really).

The media are like vultures to Mary.

Much of the criticism to her is tabloid hysteria.

She was expected by a mindless opposition to influence independant boards and cut up legal lease agreements.
She was expected to solve problems effectively and ethically, not by paying off Roddy with hush-money at our expense.

The back benchers are getting restless.

[broken link removed]

Last edited:
The back benchers are getting restless.

[broken link removed]

So 3 FF TDs finally have questions about Cowan's leadership and only raise this the day after the Green TD in the same constituency gets a junior ministers job

I'm getting far too cynical in my old age