Cabinet reshuffle

God help us. I wouldn't trust her to teach a fish to swim.

Hanafin got shafted. That's what happens when you try and make the hard decisions.

Batt O'Keeffe in DETE? Seriously? A major issue within that dept was that Mary didn't have the business or employment knowhow, and Batt's experience?

Mary Coughlan gone to Education.

The media are like vultures to Mary.

Much of the criticism to her is tabloid hysteria.

She was expected by a mindless opposition to influence independant boards and cut up legal lease agreements.

The media are like vultures to Mary.

Much of the criticism to her is tabloid hysteria.

I disagree. One friend told me about her speech at the IAPF (Irish Association of Pension Funds) annual conference a few years back. She talked about the difficulties facing Defined Benefit Contribution Schemes while an entire room cringed.

Just another lost opportunity by Biffo to prove that he is a capaple leader. He's just reminded us how ineffective he is and is incapaple of making hard decisions.

If i was a back bencher with an ounce of intelligence i would be truly ****ed off with his decisions. Mary Coughlan is just not useless, she is absolutely useless and is a liability. In fact in her own words " I'm not completely incompetent " !

Surely to God there are better people than:
1 Dempsey
2. Coughlan
3. O'Cuiv
4. Harney

and there must be someone better for Taoiseach !

By the way , I have always voted FF.......... can't wait for next election to vent my anger 1

Secman

There is no magic wond. As a small country we have precious little choice but to wait untill an international pick up.

The day of EU tax harmonisation is on the way.

Irish politicians have yet to grasp the changed circumstances from Celtic Tiger madness.

Very important to change the names of the portfolios too!

DETE now becomes DETEI (Dept Enterprise Trade & Innovation)
Education becomes Education & Skills
Social & Family Affairs becomes Social Protection
Community Rural & Gaeltacht now becomes Community Equality & Gaeltacht

We also have a new quango called the Public Service Board which aims to accelerate public service reform in consultation with the unions

The printers will have a field day!!!

So the TD for Ballymun and Finglas is now over the Gaeltacht?

I would be interested in what the final figures will be to rebrand/rename the departments- waste of money in present times especially tourism/sports rename

What did Mary Hanifan do to Brian to be demoted?

Poor reshuffle.

Imagine Mary Coughlan going to Teachers conference over Easter, Should be interesting

DETE becomes DETI

The Dep of an Taoiseach is currently responsible for public service reform and now Dara Callleary will be moving from DETE to Dep of an Taoiseach to oversee this reform. There is no new Quango being created here.

From RTE.ie

3.41pm: Brian Cowen also announced the setting up of a Public Service Board, which aims to accelerate public service reform in consultation with the unions.
The junior minister Dara Calleary will also be assigned to push through change in the public service.

The words "setting up" implies new

Apologies if I am incorrect though

Back