Budapest Hotel Danubius thermal spa

M

mags

has anyone ever been in the above hotel
also thinking of putting the package together myself from the net for the first time any recommendations about how to do this

Restaurant

I don't know about the hotel but if you do go to Budapest may I suggest that you go to a restaurant called 'Belcanto'. It is right beside the Opera House and the staff sing their way through the evening. (Now normally I don't like opera but the restaurant has a really good atmosphere and the food is great too).

Been there - had a fantastic time. Old Roman baths are incredible and the location is excellent - its on the Buda side, on the danube and beside the hill where the castle/palace is.. Would recommend it to anyone.

http://www.bbj.hu/budapestmap/pics/Gellert_Bath30.jpg (www.bbj.hu/budapestmap/pi...Bath30.jpg)

hi briano, would appreciate any info you have on Budapest as I am off there in a few weeks and finding it hard to locate anyone who has been there thanks!

Found this review of hotel on yahoo:

[broken link removed]

There last march

coininban,

Was there in March - excellent spot. Great holiday.

Food and drink are still pretty cheap as compared to here - first holiday in a long time that I actually took home spending money.

I'd definitely recommend taking a boat-trip down the Danube - also, take a good walk around the Buda area and take a trip up the old finicular for a great view of the city.

There's an Irish bar in the middle of town (close to the Shopping Centre with the hot-air baloon on top of it) called Beckitts which is normally pretty lively - just don't get involved in the karaoke!!

One thing that I didn't get to do was to take a trip out to Statue Park - this is an old park where they took some of the Communist statues which are now on show. Spoke to a couple of people who went out and got good reports. Think the bus leaves the centre of town pretty early in the morning.

It's probably worthwhile taking in a visit to the one of the old baths. Mixed feelings from the people in our group but definitely an experience.

Apart from that. Try and get chatting to some of the locals - some very interesting stories to tell. Great way of learning the history of the country.

Was amazed to be told by one lad that he was a big fan of hurling and that his favourite player was DJ Carey!

Back