Brussels

C

cian132

Can anyone recommend a good hotel in Brussels city centre?
Am going for a weekend in Jan with hubbie and baby who will be 16 months then, so would prefer to stay somewhere decent as we will have to spend some time in the hotel.
Normally I wouldn't mind where I stay as we would be out for a few drinks, but this trip will be very quiet.

Thanks

Hampshire Inn, Brussels. nice and clean with good breakfast. Book through Ryanair or Easyjet(sometimes cheaper) websites. Click on the hotels link.

Brussels.....

Make sure you take in Brugges while you are there - well worth a visit!

MAC

///

The Dorint in the Euro district is a 4 star that can be very reasonable at weekends (Fri and Sat) when the bureaucrats are out of time.

The area is very quite at this time but it's only 4 stops by metro from the city centre.

hotel

The Ibis Saint Catherine is grand, stayed there last weekend. 85 per room (incl brekkie) sat and sunday. Nice and central, five mins from Grand Place.

hotel

We are going there this weekend and booked out hotel through a site which offers discounts on sheraton hotels where you get a night for free if you book 2 nights.(There are 2 Sheratons in Central Brussles, one is a little further from the center and does n't have a leisure center and seems to be cheaper to stay in)

We got our room for 166 euro totally for 2 people for 3 nights (at the cheaper Sheraton) which I think is good value.
I'll report back next week on what we though of the hotel if you are interested.

www.starwood.com/promotio...NAD_HOTELS

Janeom

NAD Hotel???????

Is this for people who want to have a ball?

Not much in Brussels really.

As Mac says Brugges is gorgeous. In fact I would recommend that you stay in Brugges and visit Brussels on a day trip rather than the other way round. If you fly aer fungus, you simply get the train to Brugges from the basement of the airport. I stayed in the IBIS in Brussels and booked through www.hotelclub.net. but regretted not staying in Brugges.

Re: Not much in Brussels really.

Janeom

I would be delighted if you give us your opinion on the Sheraton, I did try and get into that site, but I can only access US & Canada

Wish I saw this post earlier today! I've just booked the metropole hotel using www.bookings.be. This website definitely seemed cheaper than other websites I checked. Managed to get 2 nights for 2 people over a weekend including breakfast & taxes for 218. Hopefully it's as good as I think it is!

It's alright but not spectacular.

Conversely, hotels in Brussels, particulalrly the EU district, are cheaper at the weekends as the people in town for EU meetings, etc have all checked out for the weekend.

Back