Brinks Allied Dispute

M

mts

Anyone know whether the banks have an contingency plans in place for filling ATM's in light of the escalation of the BA dispute

There are other companies that provide this service. There are no immediate plans for those companies to join the dispute.

The risk for Brinks is that their customers will switch providers, which could spell the end for Brinks.

In the meantime AFAIK even if it's extended you'll still be able to get cash from Banks and from ATM attached to Banks.

-Rd

> In the meantime AFAIK even if it's extended you'll still be able to get cash from Banks and from ATM attached to Banks.

Or make purchases and get cash back from retail outlets using Laser.

There are no immediate plans for those companies to join the dispute.
AFAIK, the SIPTU vote for strike action next Thursday will apply to ALL the companies offering this service, not just Brinks.

Though I guess that if there is a total cancellation of ATM service, that may inspire a more speedy solution.

the SIPTU vote for strike action next Thursday will apply to ALL the companies offering this service, not just Brinks.

The Union guy I heard on the radio yesterday or the day before seemed to suggest otherwise, but who knows, it's hard to keep up with these Unions.

-Rd

As I understand it the other companies have refused to do the work Brinks would normally do. I'd say its only a matter of time before someone will rob a grocery store and get a few million due to not being able to bank it via this security. Hmm... now there's an idea.

Back