'Briggs & Stratton' engined John Deer Vs 'Kohler' engined Husqvarna Ride Ons

Have an opportunity to buy a brand new 20hp husqvarna for €2700 but its an american model yth2040, being a 20hp briggs & stratton engine and a 40 deck. Does anyone know if it is the same as an irish model , with the model badge being only difference. Would irish parts suit ?

Thanks

Secman

It's not on the Husky brochure, which I have beside me ,under a different stamp nor is it on the Irish Husky tractor list. As far as I can see all the Husky tractors sold by dealers here are Kohler engined, bar one ,which has a Kawasaki engine. Some of the Husky riders have B&S engines though but I wouldn't be sure whether that's relevant for getting parts for the tractor you mention?

The brochure price of that Husky is €3100 including VAT so for a straight deal (no trade in ) I don't think GT_TDI_150 is doing that well. The Castle garden 13.5hp tractor lawnmower that I referred to earlier cost me €2200 as a straight deal whereas the brochure price is € 2645.

Really? I'm surprised at the Husky price, they were quiet a bit more expensive a few years ago when I was buying.

You did well on that Castlegarden price demoivre. I can tell you that the agents price for the 13.5Hp was €1700 plus vat (that was a few years ago to) so your seller only made a few quid on it out of you.

So for anyone trying to buy a ride-on this season, you can see that there is always a good bit of room for negotiating a good price.

Back