BoI travel insurance query

B

boots

Hi, I have a query about travel insurance as I am trying to source multi trip insurance for the coming year.
I realise there is a key post about travel insurance but the list of providers which is referred to - I can't access it for some reason.
Maybe somebody can point out this list elsewhere to me, I would be obliged.

In the meantime I have been checking out my friendly Bank of Ireland, as I thought I read somewhere their travel insurance is good value.
I got an instant quote of € 107 for annual multi trip for myself, without being asked any questions or being given the opportunity to read and meaningful small print.
Upon speaking to a girl in their office she tried to persuade me to upgrade my regular Visa card to a Patinum card, from which I could get multi trip insurance for € 76.
She assured me there are no hidden charges or catches, other than the fact you must book at least half the cost of the holiday using the visa card ( which would be done anyway) however she couldn't confirm if the level of cover was the same as that offered for € 107....
Does anyone have any experience of using BoI for travel insurance??

Regards, boots

Have you tried these topics/links?

Make sure to distinguish between credit card insurance that only covers you while in transit and more comprehensive travel/holiday insurance which covers lots of other risks/eventualities. If you are a VHI member then you can get good value from them for an annual policy. I've found ACE Travel Insurance and (more recently) GetCover.ie good value. Make sure to check that the terms & conditions of any policy meet your needs. Don't shop on price alone as different policies offer different levels of cover, amounts, excesses etc.

Back