BMW 318, Audi A4, Passat

Sorry Jason_77, but I did post a similar thread a few weeks ago, see below
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=73469
However I was looking for the BMW 320d instead of the 318. In saying that there seems to be very few BMW 320d on the car websites with a reasonably low mileage.

I have read Jason_77 thread with some delight....however very little response relating to the BMW 3 series.

Any further advice appreciated and

Clubman....I hope this falls within the posting guidelines & links which i have just read
It would be interesting to see if you would have got any replies if you had a different profile/screen name. Maybe some people find your choice of name objectionable and decided not post?! (It is unusual that such a detailed post didn't even get one reply.) Just a thought! Anyhow, this thread is about cars!

Am considering a post July A4 diesel. Dont want to buy new so I'm considering an early 08 import from UK, around October time.

That way you get the benefit of new VRT on import and lower road tax for future years (which an Irish pre-July '08 wont give you). This is a crazy anomoly re the ongoing annual road tax saving but seems to be the case. Not sure what the figures are - know its probably not huge anyway.

Re the import have to watch that older than 6 months and more than 6k miles on it, otherwise Irish VAT to pay as well.

Hi,

Just a quick Q on this.

If I was to buy an 05 A4 now, I'd pay approx 3.5k VRT and 560 tax for the year.

Would there be much of a difference if I was to wait til after teh changes come into effect in July? Also, what tax rate would apply after the changes - would it be the new greener tax or the current onebased on engine size??

Back