Bizarre squad announced by Trap today no one else agree?

Celtic would struggle to stay in the EPL let alone get in the top 6.

And as for the big men for delap?? Are you kidding me? O'shea as a target man? And dunne is not renowned for his scoring abilities!!!

I dont dispute that leaving reid out was odd, but it was obviously because he has said something thats upset trapp. If nothing else, the manager has laid down the law, dont see too many players takin the **** on that team.

There's alot of stars in this thread, as in *. Cos none of the Irish team are.

I don't know much about fuzzball but I think I will trust a manager that has forgotten more about soccer than most people will know.

As for Andy Reid, People are talking about him like he is Roy of the Rovers or Keane. Is it not the case that he can't make the first 11 at Sunderland?

We have poor players to chose from on the large part and I think current results have been good and the manger and his team seem to be having a positive effect on the squad. Long may it last.

Celtic would struggle to stay in the EPL let alone get in the top 6.

And as for the big men for delap?? Are you kidding me? O'shea as a target man? And dunne is not renowned for his scoring abilities!!!

I dont dispute that leaving reid out was odd, but it was obviously because he has said something thats upset trapp. If nothing else, the manager has laid down the law, dont see too many players takin the **** on that team.

O'Shea is actually decent on attacking corners and coming up with the odd goal here and there, Dunne goes forward for all corners and do you think that the throw ins wouldn't suit a man of his size?

O'Shea is actually decent on attacking corners and coming up with the odd goal here and there, Dunne goes forward for all corners and do you think that the throw ins wouldn't suit a man of his size?

Sorry but how many headers has O'Shea scored for united!! I think one of his major weaknesses is that he doesnt normally attack the ball (is more relaxed about defending).

And again, Im not saying Dunne isnt good at attacking a ball but you can hardly justify having a good thrower of the ball in the team to find two Centre halfs everytime we get a throw inside a certain spot of the oppositions team.

Again this aside, I just think its clutching at straws hoping that a player who is well past their best should be re-instated into the ireland squad mainly because they have come to the fore for their throw ins!

And no, I dont have any quotes on the Andy Reid exclusion from the squad. It seems like as good a reason as any other, but you are open to speculate. Lack of fitness, lack of first team appearances, he slept with trappatonies grand daughter and didnt phone her back . . . .

I think Roy Keane's assessment of the Andy Reid non selection was spot on. What is all the fuss about. Reid has rarely done it for Ireland in the past. He is a decent player who can make a great pass but doesn't have the fitness to control a game or to cover defensively.
As for Delap the throw ins are a weapon but he really lacks pace. Against Arsenal he was really exposed and I think it was him that injured Walcott with a dodgy tackle.

Sorry but how many headers has O'Shea scored for united!! I think one of his major weaknesses is that he doesnt normally attack the ball (is more relaxed about defending).
Well he scored 4 goals last season and if memory serves me right they came from set pieces, there are others ahead of him in the normal pecking order for corners.

And again, Im not saying Dunne isnt good at attacking a ball but you can hardly justify having a good thrower of the ball in the team to find two Centre halfs everytime we get a throw inside a certain spot of the oppositions team.

Well the throw ins are better than corners and represent real scoring opportunites, I'm not saying he should be a definite starter, I'm saying he should have got a run out in a friendly. Stoke have scored 7 out their 12 prem league goals directly from Delaps throws.

I think Roy Keane's assessment of the Andy Reid non selection was spot on. What is all the fuss about. Reid has rarely done it for Ireland in the past. He is a decent player who can make a great pass but doesn't have the fitness to control a game or to cover defensively.

A bit misleading, his assessment was that if he isn't making the Sunderland team regularly then why is there all the fuss about him not being picked. He also said that if he plays at his best consistently he would walk onto the Irish team.

Back