Bin Ladens Video

A

Asimov

Well I see he finally claimed full responsibilty for planning 9-11.

Didn't I read the pigster claiming on this BB that there was no 'proof' of Bin Ladens involvement?

I guess that finally puts paid to all those claims that it was a Jewish/CAA backed conspiracy.

Don't you feel silly now?

Didn't I read the pigster claiming on this BB that there was no 'proof' of Bin Ladens involvement?

No, I never said anything of the sort. But then it seems to be your goal in life to have a go at me for no apparent reason instead of wanting to discuss subject matter. This really just shows how childish you are for a grown man.

Don't you feel silly now

What? Don't I feel silly for posting on a bulletin board specifically to mock another poster for no apparent reason? Don't I feel silly because I get my kicks out of making a complete ass of myself or posting huffy little comments because my topic gets banned on AAM? I don't know...I'll have to think about that one further...

I think Bin Laden has at least assured the world that these attacks are not against a particular way of life in the west, rather than against an aggresive world power, but has left the door open.

That's just my gut feeling, and maybe the superpowers should finally think about a future where we can all put up with each other rather than economics.

Do not let your gut feeling fool yourself. Bin Laden and his cronies are against all of us infidels in the decadent west , make no mistake about that. And even if he was just against America, does that make him / his actions ok ?
Look at what America has done for Ireland and the world, and be grateful. No other country has accepted more immigrants than America, contributed as much economically to other nations ( think of the Marshall plan to current US aid ) and defended us from otherwise speaking German and Russian.

Awww come on piggy

you know you did...its just your type of sound-oink.

Osama

I think Bin Laden has at least assured the world that these attacks are not against a particular way of life in the west, rather than against an aggresive world power, but has left the door open.

Yes Dan, poor Osama isn't really a bad guy.
He's just misunderstood.
>D

Re: Awww come on piggy

you know you did...its just your type of sound-oink.

As someone who uses the internet regularly I take it you're aware of what is Asimov?

If your life is so devoid of human contact and love that you feel it necessary to stalk a complete stranger around a internet message board (devoting entire posts to that person) I think you should talk to someone about it. There are plenty of good counsellors out there. I don't think I can give you the attention you crave.

Re: What a silly silly man

I'm a Kerry supporter because he supports choice for women(and because he's a Celtic supporter).

OBL's pathetic intervention has doomed poor Kerry and the betting people have instantly reacted by sharply reducing the odds against Bush.

We were kind of expecting a Madrid style stunt but what this video tells the American people is (a) this is the extent of OBL's capacity to attack America, Bush is truly winning the WOT at least so far as Americans are concerned, and (b) OBL made it quite clear who he's voting for.

Re

Don;t get me wrong, I'm all for world peace at all costs, it's just that the fundamental reason that drives people like Bin Laden originates in what America is doing in that part of the world.

If you take away Bin Laden, there will be thousands (guess, probably millions) ready to take his place, so the problem isn't solved.

And please don't expect me to condone the Americans simply because they "bought" us with their foreign investment. I don't buy their propoganda!

The Lesser of 2 Evils...

....So if Kerry get it, he will have to continue with Bush's campaign anyway. The US is in a war situation & things are not going to ease up on the short to medium turn irrespective of who's in the White house.

Re: The Lesser of 2 Evils...

"I'm all for world peace at all costs, it's just that the fundamental reason that drives people like Bin Laden originates in what America is doing in that part of the world."
Bin Laden is from Saudi Arabia, and has lived in recent years in Afghanistan / Pakistan. What did the US do " in that part of the world " that bothers you / him ?

"If you take away Bin Laden, there will be thousands (guess, probably millions) ready to take his place, so the problem isn't solved." THat doesnt say Bin Laden is right.

"And please don't expect me to condone the Americans simply because they "bought" us with their foreign investment. I don't buy their propoganda!" Whose propoganda do you buy ? Would you prefer if Bin Laden achieved his aims of converting us infidels , and to live under his type of rule ?

And please don't expect me to condone the Americans simply because they "bought" us with their foreign investment. I don't buy their propoganda!

How do you mix the (quite tangible) foreign investment made by the US in this country over the las 20 yrs or so, with propoganda...surely these are 2 different things.

Ever country has a propoganda machine in some shape or form anyway. The main audience of US propoganda just happens to be the US population anyway...

ninsaga

Exactly. We owe a lot to the US and UK.

Sorry folks, I can't give all the answers to all the questions this thread is asking, just making my honest observation based on how I see it and from those I have spoke to that live on the ground in the middle east.

I have nothing against the American or British people, just their governments policies.

I can understand the views of others here as they are subject to the bias media we have in this country.

Stalker?

Piggy I'm not stalking you. I rarely think about you in fact, except when I come on here. Then it seems you are EVERYWHERE.
Its hard to ignore you piggy, and its even harder to think of you as a human being capable of debate. You aren't LIKE a human being...you are more like...a walking IDEOLOGY.
Why deabate an ideologist? You may as well just bang your head on a brickwall.

Madonna is the first one to make a post addressing the question of what Bin Laden actually EXPECTED this video to do...or, at least, what he wants it to do.
If it was meant to help Kerry...it possibly just pisses off a lot of undecideds who will now choose Bush in their anger.
If it was meant to subtly help get Bush re-elected (which no doubt aids Al Qaeda recruitment) then some undecideds might just be reminded of Bush's ineptitude at finding and killing OBL.

Which is it?

Re: Stalker?

I guess that finally puts paid to all those claims that it was a Jewish/CAA backed conspiracy

Again, I never said anything of the sort. If I did or even if I thought that I'd have no problem admitting it. To pretend that I did say this strikes me as just completely ridiculous.

Its hard to ignore you piggy, and its even harder to think of you as a human being capable of debate. You aren't LIKE a human being...you are more like...a walking IDEOLOGY.

I'm quite capable of debate Asimov, and my greatest failing has been getting sucked into slagging matches by other unregistered posters in the past. If you're civil and discuss the point itself and don't resort to childish name calling and made up untruths which suit your idea of what I'm about then I will debate any point with you. There's plenty of other regular users on this board who I can disagree with and listen to. I also have no problem admitting when I may be wrong or when I see another point of view, so to accuse me of anything different is frankly a little blind of you.
Childish name calling and devoting entire posts to one particular poster is very very chilish Asimov. I think you still have a lot of growing up to do. When you pointed out the channel 4 news story I quite graciously responded by not only posting the link to the story but also acknowledging the fact that the original story was probably wrong so, or at least using skewed figures. Is that an ideology? I have no problem admitting I'm sometimes wrong. I am human after all. I don't get everything right and don't for one second think I'm always right.
If I have one ideology Asimov it's humanitarianism. That's it. I'm not on any side in any conflict. I'm against wars which I see as unjust. I'm against bloodshed. I'm also against terrorism and fundamentalism. If you disagree with me on any point then fine...by all means qoute my remark and challenge it, but please do me a favour and grow up and conduct yourself like a reasonable human being. I'm a 29 year old man. I really have no time for crap.

Re: Stalker?

Guys - If you want to beat each other up, take it offline and do it by email or PM. No-one else is interested.

Back