Bin Charges - what does it cost you?

In rural north cork costs 340 per year for fortnightly collection from private firm.
When I lived in the city (within 3 miles of the dump) it cost 300 PLUS €5 per lift.

What I find amazing about this thread is that in 20 responses there has been 20 different costs / methods of paying to have waste collected - it would be nice if there was some standard by which these different operators could be compared.

In rural north cork costs 340 per year for fortnightly collection from private firm.
When I lived in the city (within 3 miles of the dump) it cost 300 PLUS €5 per lift.

What I find amazing about this thread is that in 20 responses there has been 20 different costs / methods of paying to have waste collected - it would be nice if there was some standard by which these different operators could be compared.

This is an Irish solution to an Irish problem, standardisation is for other countries.

250 euro for six months - Limerick.
1 Collection every week, with Recyl. material in Plastic Bag.

I'd love to have a choice of provider where I live even if it was between the Meath CC and a private operator. Fact is I dont. It's a pity some CC's just choose not to bother

Mullingar. 240L Wheelie bin €8 per lift, 240L Recyclable Bin €3 per lift. We (3 of us) put out one of each each month or slightly more often, I'd estimate about €150 for this year. There was only 2 of us last year and it was €110 for the year. All before tax relief.

I'm in Firhouse and we use Citybin. I use the pay as you go type option which is €6.40 per lift. Normally put the bin out every other week and have a green bin collection every other week in between that. Find them very good to deal with so far and good bit cheaper then SDCC. They text me every week to remind me what bin to put out and I get invoiced by email so all I have to do is print them off for when I'm doing my tax return, very handy indeed.

Back