BIDX1 Property for Sale

Tomjim

There is a property for sale on Bidx1 which I am interested in but there apparently will be no viewing before hand. Why would this be?

Also the house is currently rented out to a tenant, if I was to buy the house would the tenant have to leave? or would the tenant have any rights if I was to purchase the house

There will be a phone no and email contact for contacting the agent dealing with that specific property on their site. Contact them and ask whatever questions you want.

There is a property for sale on Bidx1 which I am interested in but there apparently will be no viewing before hand. Why would this be?

Also the house is currently rented out to a tenant, if I was to buy the house would the tenant have to leave? or would the tenant have any rights if I was to purchase the house

To answer your first question, it's quite possible that the tenant - tenants are refusing to grant access

Now for the more important question, the tenants retain full rights post sale as they hold currently

The tenant does have rights but they are limited, the rights I believe are to do with the notice period they are given prior to having to move out. If current landlord has not done that then it would be fair to say you would have to give them the notice. I have looked on BIDx1 before and I thought it normally indicates that property has tenant with circa c rental income pa which I always took as being sold with a tenant included. Obviously as you would be the new owner you can ask them to vacate.

I don't think it is uncommon for them to sell houses without viewing, it is an auction site. I would just give them a call.

Obviously as you would be the new owner you can ask them to vacate.

This as we say is an Irish website.

No the tenant would not have to leave. Yes the tenant would have extensive rights.

Buying a house with a sitting tenant is only for the experienced and determined.

In this case the lack of a viewing suggests that there is already a bad relationship. Stay away unless you are very sure of yourself.

I called BIDX1 earlier and they weren't really helpful they just said there were no viewings scheduled and the auction is next week.

So I think I will be staying away as it's too risky

You can give tenant notice esp if you require the property for your own use.

But if they overhold it will take time and money to get then out.

Depends what the property goes for as to whether or not its worth the cost.

I called BIDX1 earlier and they weren't really helpful they just said there were no viewings scheduled and the auction is next week.

So I think I will be staying away as it's too risky

Bidx1 would not confirm tomorrow was Thursday if you asked them.

That's not me having a go, it's just how they operate, them and allsop ( previously) were a welcome addition to the property industry

Best deals to be had are when a property doesn't sell at auction. There are deals to be had afterwards!

I went to an open viewing of a house being sold by one of these auction companies - I wasn't really interested but the price on the web site was very low so I decided as I was in the area to pop in for a look.

2 big burly lads stood out of a jeep as I circled around the side of the property - I got a strong sense that I was not welcome there so I took off.

Are BidX distressed loans that the bank is selling off?

I went to an open viewing of a house being sold by one of these auction companies - I wasn't really interested but the price on the web site was very low so I decided as I was in the area to pop in for a look.

2 big burly lads stood out of a jeep as I circled around the side of the property - I got a strong sense that I was not welcome there so I took off.

Are BidX distressed loans that the bank is selling off?

In the majority of cases yes.

Those sound like very brave boyos altogether

Back