Best time of year to buy / sell

frash

Hi,

I've done a quick search for this but haven't found anything.

What are people opinions on the best time to sell / buy in the 2nd hand housing market?

Obviously around Easter seems to be peak time & I'd imagine it dies off during Summer but does it pick up again before xmas usually?

I would have imagined that the summer would have been the best time, and Christmas be the worst, just from watching the size of the property supplements and activity rather than me being in the industry no aon rud.

I asked the same question this time last year and didn't get much advice - apart from the helpful suggestion that school term times are busiest.

We bought in mid-December, and there was virtually no-one on the cold streets of Dublin, so we snapped up a bargain - but then again there was very little supply around then, for that matter...

But I think that the best advice I've heard, when it comes to such things, is just to do it when you're ready - because trying to time the market is a mug's game... (Especially these days!)

Best of luck!

simp said:
I asked the same question this time last year and didn't get much advice - apart from the helpful suggestion that school term times are busiest.

We bought in mid-December, and there was virtually no-one on the cold streets of Dublin, so we snapped up a bargain - but then again there was very little supply around then, for that matter...

But I think that the best advice I've heard, when it comes to such things, is just to do it when you're ready - because trying to time the market is a mug's game... (Especially these days!)

Best of luck!

Just after xmas and the summer are the worst times so anything other than that.

I Agree with hostbidder's remark. try and buy if you can in winter but very short supply of good homes and sell before beginning summer

Back