best routes to Llubjlana

jph

I am hoping to travel to Slovenia and Croatia, starting in Llubjlana and working my way across to Pula in Croatia. Does anyone have any advice on this area? There doesn't seem to be a direct flight from Dublin so it would mean flying into Austria or Italy and transferring by bus or train.

Thanks for any tips!

JPH

I only had a look at this recently myself. My plan was to fly to Vienna and make my way to Graz for an overnight. Then get train to Ljubljana for a couple of nights. Then out of Venice. I will probably do this next year.
By then I hope that Ryanair will have sorted their Laudamotion airline in Austria and open up some closer routes.

Did a bit of inter railing a few years ago. Got the train from Vienna via villach to Ljubljana - stunning journey though long. We went to Venice after via Trieste which was cool as we had to get a funicular tram but I see it's currently out of action. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trieste–Opicina_tramway
Trains in Europe by in large are pretty good and you get to see some stunning scenery. Have your wits about you if getting trains due to pickpockets / beggars.
Highly recommend Ljubljana and at least a day trip to lake bled

You can fly to Llubjlana via Stanstead, Amsterdamn, CDG or a few others.

Wrong direction, but Bled is a nice stop off if you have time.

Thank you all so much for your helpful responses! I'll let you know the outcome of the adventure.

Back