Best Present Ever

Frank Mcnally has a very funny article in the Irish Times today. It's about a psychologist who gave his (now ex) girlfriend a fire extinguisher wrapped in a bow because he wanted to convey that he was concerned about her safety.

Marion

birds, bees.......... pinky. Let you figure the rest.

My wife is allergic to dogs so I wont be getting a present like that;)

I'm sure its something you deeply regret - unless u trade in your wife for a non allergy one!!

I got an Atari 2600 when I was around 9. This perpetuated my belief in Santa for far longer than would otherwise be considered normal because I was convinced that my parents were too uncool/cheap to buy something as fantastic as that. Played Pacman until my fingers fell off... brilliant.

Last edited:
My GF contacted the artist who drew my favorite comic book and bought the last two pages of the comic from him (the original artwork.)

Very cool...

Other than that, I'm from the "Christmas is too commercial" clan...

Best presents this year were coffee mugs with our 18 month-old grandson's handprints on them.

Don't know which pottery they were made at, but they are great - each has his name and the date on the bottom and the prints of his hands on each side. The daughter-in-law said that he loved getting his hands into the colourant.

A Crolly Doll when I was about 7; I loved her dearly! She had the largest collection of hand made clothes ever!

Several odd shaped Christmas decorations involving a lot of tinsel, glue and cornflakes packets made at Playschool/Junior Infants by my children.

My daughter (she was born a few days after christmas -does that count!?)

Back