best mortgage rate

nelly

I am coming off my fixed low rate for FTB in November and other than watching the newspapers I would be greatful if someone could point me in the direction of a website which lists the various mortgage rates per bank. I have found the prima finance site already and think it is good but maybe there are others out there that I am not aware of.
Also, am i right in saying the best way to compare is rate per 100€?

thanks in advance

www.myhome.ie also has a list of rates, but I don't think it is comprehensive.

The Irish Times has a comprehensive list of rates in their Property supplement every Wednesday.

nelly said:
Also, am i right in saying the best way to compare is rate per 100€?

You probably mean "cost per €1000"/month, which would generally be accepted as the most reliable, according to Prima, although some would argue for APR, which will include all costs associated with the mortgage, but cannot be used when checking out on our favourite Karl Jeacle's mortgage calculator.

You would probably appreciate this when you look at the APR of your "fixed low rate", i would hazard it is a lot higher than the quoted fixed rate.

I would say that [broken link removed] is as good a site as there for checking the rates, but, as you no doubt know, there is only one way these are going in the next cycle, and that's North :(

There is also [broken link removed], which is pretty good, but not always up-to-date.

Also, Finfacts, which is a pretty good all round Irish Financial site.

Best of luck in November ;)

Back