Health Insurance Best Health Insurance for maternity cover.

teckno123

Hi All,
My first post. my sister’s VHI is currently due for renewal in February she is on VHI PMI 41 15. She would like to reduce the cost of her health insurance if possible but keep same benefits, she is hoping to be expecting a baby in 2020/21 all going well so really good maternity plan would be important to her. Any good suggestions on this would be very much appreciated.

Hi teckno123,

Welcome to AAM.
The following VHI is worth considering, details as follows;

1. VHI PMI 07 10; price 1240pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess capped at 150 x 1 per year max for all
admissions, day case excess 50 per procedure. Good day to day benefits covered, refund of 50% for gp, consultants etc. Good maternity
benefit included, upto 450 for consultant visits and a further range of maternity benefits under different headings.
https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...jayI6ZmFsc2UsInBsYW5fZGV0YWlsX2lkIjotMX19XQ==

Regards, Snowyb

Thank You Snowyb.
unfortunately I had the wrong plan in my topic She actually has PMI 40 15. can you recommend to me again but something cheaper but again good maternity cover and refunds from GP and consultants.
Thank You

I would advise her not to select a policy just for maternity cover - she will get excellent maternity care as a public patient in a public hospital. Also she needs to check the waiting time if she upgrades her policy.

Agree with Feemar5, I had two babies publicly. I was on the Domino Scheme - free if you live near hospitals/ areas that have outreach from hospitals. Incredible service. Really gold standard. Highly recommend using your money for something else (unless your wife has medical complications that would mean she has to be considered sick rather than just pregnant)

Back