Bertie - did he just say "Renovations"?!!!

Sorry, the percentage is less;) . I didn't say the correct use of language is neither necessary or desirable. Of course it's desirable but it's evidently not always necessary if someone can reach the top of their profession in spite of being severely challenged in the areas of annunciation and pronounciation. Some might call that overcoming a handicap. I don't think he's "a dunce" either but, if he is, can anyone tell me when the next course in "duncery" begins? I expect it would be full time but does anyone know how many years it takes to qualify?

You could be right about that. I remember a classmate whose stammer always got much worse when asked questions. I could never for the life of me decide whether he was putting it on to get himself out of a corner or was stammering due to being in a stressful situation. Anyhow I gave him the benefit of the doubt but don't think it cut much ice with the examiners.

PS This is top secret and in confidence. The name of Bertie's Bank was "Friends First":D.

Oh dear, here we go again talking about percentages. (Yawn). Just to be absolutely precise Sherib (and at the risk of boring the backsides off the rest of us) I didn't SAY that you SAID the correct use of language is neither necessary nor desirable. ..............zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

In fairness Pat Rabitte is a good speaker but yet wants to bring the Celtic Tiger to an end through high taxation etc.
Really, so what are Pat's proposed tax rates?

The reason he pretends to stammer and hesitate when he's talking off the cuff is in order to give his brain time to think about what his mouth is going to do next! It's a cunning plan!
Didn't work too well over the past 2 weeks then, I used to think he was quite bright, but the way he handled those ridiculous interviews in Clare and Cavan possibly proved my theory wrong.

Back