Benefits and Sky TV/plasma's etc

So just to be clear - is your understanding of 'large numbers of people' based on personal experience and knowledge, or based on what you've read in our right-wing media?

Personal experience, conversations with friends, what I see with my own two eyes, what I read on forums such as this and others, very little from the 'right-wing media' actually. But it is interesting to see that what Im seeing around me is also being reported on.

Shame on you if you don't bother reporting you see around me. It seems that some people prefer to moan about a problem rather than actually taking action to fix the problem.

Shame on you if you don't bother reporting you see around me. It seems that some people prefer to moan about a problem rather than actually taking action to fix the problem.

I thought you wanted me to mind my own business and not 'overhear' conversations?

I thought you wanted me to mind my own business and not 'overhear' conversations?
But you've told me that you already have this intimate personal knowledge of these situations - right? Regardless of your future earwigging approach, you are already personally aware of 'large numbers of people' defrauding the state of their welfare entitlements. And you choose to do nothing about it?

I dont know their names, and I wouldnt ask because Im minding my own business ;)
Seems strange as to how you can absolute certainty about people's social welfare status and absolute certainty about them defrauding the system, but you don't actually know their names?

Could it be the case that this is just street gossip that you have, and maybe it's not that reliable at all?

Could it be the case that this is just street gossip that you have, and maybe it's not that reliable at all?

Complainer instead of getting involved in personal jibes are you saying that you don't believe the tribune report - that it is "right wing media" making this up? Or can you not admit that there has been widespread welfare fraud in this country, even if you haven't personally witnessed it?

It would be useful to know, just for future reference like, if there is a media source that Complainer will accept information from?

Goes without saying too obviously that if the same "right wing media" ever have anything positive to say about the public sector or unions that we should also dismiss this as unreliable.

Or is it only unreliable if you don't like the sound of it?

It would be useful to know, just for future reference like, if there is a media source that Complainer will accept information from?

Goes without saying too obviously that if the same "right wing media" ever have anything positive to say about the public sector or unions that we should also dismiss this as unreliable.

And the prize goes to you for this week's top post. (Sorry Purple, I know someone already nominated you!).

Complainer instead of getting involved in personal jibes are you saying that you don't believe the tribune report - that it is "right wing media" making this up? Or can you not admit that there has been widespread welfare fraud in this country, even if you haven't personally witnessed it?

You miss the point, folks. I'm actually not making any comment about the level of welfare fraud in this country.

What I'm challenging is whether truthseeker actually has reliable, personal knowledge of 'large numbers of people' engaging in welfare fraud.

Nitpicking in other words!! I hardly think it is contentious to say that large numbers of people were engaging in welfare fraud based on the reports published on the savings made in the past while!

What I'm challenging is whether truthseeker actually has reliable, personal knowledge of 'large numbers of people' engaging in welfare fraud.

Complainer, Ive already explained to you what I see around me, that Ive had conversations with friends who see similar, that I read other forums such as these and read about people actively engaging in fraud, I can also point to articles linked in this thread but you have decided to dismiss them as 'right wing media' although it suited you to use them to back yourself up in another thread.

Now you can choose to believe me or not - and you continually decide not to and badger me to know personal details of people I overhear bragging about their benefits and their side cash jobs. I dont know their names. I do know that not only do I see it around me, but one would have to be a fool not to know its going on. Not just me either, newspapers, other forums, people I interact with in work and socially talk about it. Its rife in our society and if you wish to think it is not then thats your perogative.

You are refusing to acknowledge the truth even when its pointed out for you in various links. But hey, thats your choice, you have already stated you like to mind your own business and not take notice of what goes on around you in the world - I suggest if you did take notice you would see the same as the rest of us.

Im not going to continue to respond to your posts as Id rather not give validation to an obviously blinkered perspective by actually pointing out the real situation over and over again. Believe whatever you like.

Everyone to the right of the extreme left is right wing in Ireland! Even Joe Duffy has been described as 'Extreme Right Wing'!!

Back