Being hounded by Eircom to move back to them.

B

biggerry

I moved from Eircom to Euphony at the end of August. I was impressed by their €10 per month for unlimited local and national calls provided each call isn't longer than 60 minutes.

I popped home at lunch time today for a bite to eat and the phone rang. My wife answered the call and said that I was at work. She then told me that this was the 3rd call she'd got from Eircom asking to speak to me. They called Friday afternoon, Monday afternoon and lunch time today.

My understanding is that's there's an agreement between telecom providers not to approach people who've left them for 3 month. Can anybody confirm if the period is 3 months?

I got my first bill from Euphony yesterday and the first call that's itemised was made on August 24. So if 3 months is the "un-contactable" peiod, I shouldn't have been contacted by Eircom until AFTER Nov 24.

Is Comreg the right people to talk to about this? If so, how do I go about this? I don't have the names of the people who called or even the time they called on Friday and Monday, but I do know they called today about 1:40 p.m.

FYI: I'm very impressed with my cost savings. I saved about 50% on my normal eircom bill - excluding rental.

P.S. I don't work with Euphony or know anybody who works for Euphony.

My understanding is that's there's an agreement between telecom providers not to approach people who've left them for 3 month. Can anybody confirm if the period is 3 months?

See this guide on the [broken link removed].

Will I receive a sales call from my existing supplier?

Your existing supplier cannot contact you in relation to your voice calls for a period of three months. If they contact you on any other matter this should not relate your voice calls. (You can of course request that no further contact should be made at all if you wish to do so).

Been with Euphony for almost a year now and haven't recieved a call from Eircom yet, thank god. Savings are great but I've found additional benefit by using another company for calls abroad. They called telestunt (www.telestunt.ie) and you have to predial a number. Calls to US, Europe, OZ and NZ landlines are charged at local rate. Using them for the last 3 months has saved me another 50% on phonecalls.

Thanks as always Clubman for the quick reply.

Just noticed something though. If you change your provider and remain with Eircom for your line rental, then the "non-contact" period is 3 months.
[broken link removed]

However, if you opt for single billing, the "non-contact" period is 4 months. See this PDF www.comreg.ie/_fileupload...s/CG10.pdf

P.S. I don't work with Euphony or know anybody who works for Euphony
... this being the case then how did you join Euphony - given that it is a referral business.

..anyways thats not the point but if you want Eircom to stop bothering you then all you need do is ring them on their Customer (dont)care line - dial 1901- any ask them to remove you from their 'Win Back' List. That will stop the visits & unsolicited phone calls..

ninsaga

Hi ninsaga,

I found out about Euphone through this web site!! Their TalkNow package was mentioned. I found out some more about it, gave them a call, they forwarded me the relevant forms and I signed up. I wasn't asked who referred me. If you look at their web site [broken link removed] you'll see that you can join by just calling them!!

Thanks to ClubMan I phoned Comreg and they gave me an eircom number to call (1800 200481). I spoke to a guy called Tom who took down the details and said that I probably hadn't been removed from a database when I transferred. He said that somebody would call me within 3 days with an explaination of why I was called, but I told him that Comreg told me that I should receive a letter within 10 days. He has agreed to do this. I'll let you know what this letter says.

As a matter of interest, does anyone know how telecom companies are punished if they have breached the 3 month rule??

Re: Euphony

Even great businesses would have difficulty surviving if they placed such conditions on their customers. You must have misunderstood the alleged referral conditions.

Back