Beige candystrip carpet and update on purchase

speedy

thinking of putting this on the stairs and landing, anyone have any opinions on it or do you have it down yourself? it also comes in a red/terracotta candystrip pattern also. not sure which one to pick. its 80/20 wool/nylon

Re: beige candystrip carpet for stairs and landing

is there supposed to be a link...or is it invisible carpet??

ha ha, yeah its invisible carpet for my invisible house...candystrip carpet is a type of carpet that has a distinctive stripped pattern. people who have it would know what it's like.

god damn, now i'm just curious! Want to put a stripy or colourful carpet on my own stairs and landing but never heard of this. Cant get anything on google!! is it similar to the http://www.rogeroates.com/ stuff?

Wow! Just look at the cost of the Rods and brackets!

That looks lovely......my brother in law has something like that just on his stairs, not the landing......it looks lovely.... not sure about how durable or hard wearing it is but for aesthetics it is gorgeous.

Its looks great alright. Am I right in thinking that it used to be popular years ago and that it can be quite hard to keep clean because of the bars and the need to paint either side?

that's very similar to it but without bars, it will be covering entire stairs. i think the beige one would be a nuisance to keep clean but the terracotta/red one shouldn't be too bad.well i'm getting it down in a few weeks so i'll report back!!

do you mind me asking where you are getting it and how much per sq yd??
thanks.

not sure if this will work. but the carpet in the hallway of this showhouse is beige candystripe. i live in waterford and its in all about flooring out on the bypass road.its €28/sq yard
[broken link removed]

pictures 18&19&27 have the carpet

ooooh nice houses!!! i like the carpet too and thank you so much for clearing that up for me!!! personally i'd probably prefer a red option a bit more as probably a bit more warmth in it!! so does that come in a roll and you have to bind the edges for the runner? or is it sold as a runner?

yep you've to bind the edges for the runner. the terracotta is warmer and i think won't stain as badly. showhouses always look beautiful but i'd say that beige could be difficult enough to keep clean. anyhow glad you like it.

Beige will require less maintenance in terms of hoovering (think about it - what colour is dust), BUT will be more vulnerable to staining.

My local carpet dealer swears by the beige because the odd stain that does appear can be shampood out and is more desirable than having to hoover several times a week.

Took his advice. Just put beige in a playroom. Everyone thinks I'm mad but I do think I/we will be proved right.

nt00deep said:
(think about it - what colour is dust)

thought about it and still dont know the answer!!!!

my laminate flooring attracts purple dust and fluff at the moment...now there's a puzzle!!!

are you actually purple??cause most dust is from the skin!

speedy said:
are you actually purple??cause most dust is from the skin!

yup....aka barney!!

its more fluff that dust but dont know why it looks purple!!!!

still wouldn't hold with the notion that you should buy beige carpet to avoid hoovering. i would have thought red colour would serve both purposes: make stains less obvious and cut down onn hoovering for the lazy in me (possible reason for purpley dust/fluff!)

personnally cleaning aside, my hall will have magnolia walls with neutral tiles in hall so think the red would be less bland! but thats a taste issue!

do plan on beige carpet for bedrooms so thanks for the good argument ntoodeep though i bet my equally sceptic other half might raise an eye brow at this one!!!

speedy said:
not sure if this will work. but the carpet in the hallway of this showhouse is beige candystripe. i live in waterford and its in all about flooring out on the bypass road.its €28/sq yard
[broken link removed]

pictures 18&19&27 have the carpet

that looks really lovely speedy, thanks. any idea who the manufacturer is? I'd like to see if I can get it locally, thanks.

Re: Beige candystrip carpet for stairs and landing

sorry dillons just saw your question now. don't know who the manufacturer is but i'm sure it must be fairly common as i've seen it in 2 different carpet shops here in waterford.

Had a look in the [broken link removed]catalogue yesterday and there's a gorgeous brown carpet on the stairs on page four.

Not too sure about the stripes! But don't try and fit it yourself. Trust me its not as easy as it looks.