Beechpark Leixlip

S

SilverFox

Hi there,
My partner and I are thinking of purchasing in this new development on the Easton road in Leixlip.
Does anybody know anything about this new development, or the builders (Durkin)?

From the brochure, it is near to the M50 and the train station which will be handy for my commute. However, I've read that the N4-M50 junction is a nightmare. Are there plans to remedy this soon? A map in the brochure details a "proposed train station" which would be even closer to this estate. Any details on when this will be built?

Lastly, does anyone know if the nitelinks run along the easton road? I've seen a bus stop on that road but I don't know what numbers run along there.

Any other insights/information on this area would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

1. The train station was mooted when Intel and HP first arrived 15 years ago. There are currently no plans (with planning permission) AFAIK. Parking at the current Louisa Bridge station isn't great. The current service is meant to be become a one every 15 mins one next year.

2. It can take at least 30 mins to hit the M50 on a bad day. Most days outside of school holidays are bad days.

3. Nightlinks drop you off at the Louisa bridge.

There is currently a bus service that goes down the Easton Rd, 66D. This has 1 bus first thing in the morning and 1 on the way back in the evening.

[broken link removed]

about 15 minutes walk from beechpark to louise train station. Trains are really frequent. Driving into town is a no no as the N4 is a carpark. As per previous post nitelink stops at louise station. New car park to be completed by year end. planning approved recently for 300 spaces which will solve problem - for now. Lexlip great place to live. You wont need nitelink to town as great pubs & restaurants!!!!

Hi SilverFox,

I was one of those that queued overnight to get my name on the list in July and I've just signed the contracts! It appears that it will be a nice development and the draft management fees proposal is very reasonable for the houses - approx €300 per year. Apartments more expensive.

I've heard that Durkan New Homes are very good builders also which is a plus. I will be getting the train into the city every morning - I currently get on at Coolmine (same line) and never get a seat in the morning but I am told by other Leixlip commuters that you always get a seat from Louisa or Confey!

As with all first phases you can only hope for the best as there is a certain amount of imagination involved but I thought the show houses were a good indication. We were given the guideline of Dec/Jan as the completion date but I think it depends on which row you purchased. It could drag on longer and possibly will.

Go with it - there were loads of young couples etc there in the queue and all seem a good crew.

Best of Luck!

Hi SilverFox,

I was one of those that queued overnight to get my name on the list in July and I've just signed the contracts! It appears that it will be a nice development and the draft management fees proposal is very reasonable for the houses - approx €300 per year. Apartments more expensive.

I've heard that Durkan New Homes are very good builders also which is a plus. I will be getting the train into the city every morning - I currently get on at Coolmine (same line) and never get a seat in the morning but I am told by other Leixlip commuters that you always get a seat from Louisa or Confey!

As with all first phases you can only hope for the best as there is a certain amount of imagination involved but I thought the show houses were a good indication. We were given the guideline of Dec/Jan as the completion date but I think it depends on which row you purchased. It could drag on longer and possibly will.

Go with it - there were loads of young couples etc there in the queue and all seem a good crew.

Best of Luck!

What did you buy? And what's the going rate (approx.) for a house down there?

Hi Cellopoint,

They're expensive!! on the day of the release there were:

2 bed mid terrace from €375,000
3 bed mid terrace from €395,000
3 bed semi from €430,000
4 bed detached €650,000

price depended on aspect of garden also..

Cant remember price of apartments but they didnt realise too many.

Hi Cellopoint,

They're expensive!! on the day of the release there were:

2 bed mid terrace from €375,000
3 bed mid terrace from €395,000
3 bed semi from €430,000
4 bed detached €650,000

price depended on aspect of garden also..

Cant remember price of apartments but they didnt realise too many.

Wow, that's a lot of money for a car-dependant house 90 minutes+ commute from Dublin!

Is there also a management fee? How much is this for each of the above property types?

Wow, that's a lot of money for a car-dependant house 90 minutes+ commute from Dublin!

Yes, for a very small car dependent house. Phase 1 has not yet sold out (Despite the enthusiasm of those in the two night queue.)
If they can't be sold new with no stamp, they might be very hard to sell on when stamp (of maybe 7.5%) is factored in.
It is a good location though-providing Lough na Mona stays quiet!

lived in leixlip for 15 years, nitelink service excellent and i would imagine they will extend now that Rinawade area is getting more built up. Enough pubs/restaurants in village tho only one nightclub (more for younger people too!). Courtyard Hotel in village is excellent location for a night out. The only problem with leixlip/lucan is the N4, have never experienced anything like it and the traffic is all day not just peak times coming up to the M50 roundabout. Leixlip is a really lovely place to live and you have everything you need in the village and lidl/aldi beside Intel.

lived in leixlip for 15 years, nitelink service excellent and i would imagine they will extend now that Rinawade area is getting more built up. Enough pubs/restaurants in village tho only one nightclub (more for younger people too!). Courtyard Hotel in village is excellent location for a night out. The only problem with leixlip/lucan is the N4, have never experienced anything like it and the traffic is all day not just peak times coming up to the M50 roundabout. Leixlip is a really lovely place to live and you have everything you need in the village and lidl/aldi beside Intel.

Woopeedoo - sounds to me like a suburban nightmare full of bleary-eyed and exhausted commuters. And if these rumours about intel come to fruition, I'd say Leixlip would be an even more miserable place to live.

well there is always the choice instead to pay for an overpriced undersized one bed apartment around the corner from your office so you could bounce in every morning!!!

And if these rumours about intel come to fruition, I'd say Leixlip would be an even more miserable place to live.

Cello Point

By saying Leixlip would be an "even more miserable" place to live you seem to be assuming that it already is a fairly miserable place to live. I have to disagree with you. I currently live in Leixlip, and the regular train service which runs from Leixlips two stations has me in work in 40 minutes every morning. I think this is a fairly reasonable commute daily, especially considering the fact that I work in Dublin 4. Those working in Dublin 1 have a 20-30 minute commute. There is also a regular Dublin Bus service , as well as a nitelink at the weekends. Ive worked in the citywest area before, and in Blanchardstown, both of which were a 20 minute car journey from Leixlip. So Id consider it to be fairly well located to many major industrial areas. It has good shops, pubs and restaurants as well as having many schools. I would have thought of it as a pretty desirable place to live. So before you make sweeping generalisations about "bleary-eyed and exhausted commuters", why not compare it to commuting from Enfield, Drogheda, or Gorey and see which would be preferable?

Just my two cents worth...

Cello Point

By saying Leixlip would be an "even more miserable" place to live you seem to be assuming that it already is a fairly miserable place to live. I have to disagree with you. I currently live in Leixlip, and the regular train service which runs from Leixlips two stations has me in work in 40 minutes every morning. I think this is a fairly reasonable commute daily, especially considering the fact that I work in Dublin 4. Those working in Dublin 1 have a 20-30 minute commute. There is also a regular Dublin Bus service , as well as a nitelink at the weekends. Ive worked in the citywest area before, and in Blanchardstown, both of which were a 20 minute car journey from Leixlip. So Id consider it to be fairly well located to many major industrial areas. It has good shops, pubs and restaurants as well as having many schools. I would have thought of it as a pretty desirable place to live. So before you make sweeping generalisations about "bleary-eyed and exhausted commuters", why not compare it to commuting from Enfield, Drogheda, or Gorey and see which would be preferable?

Just my two cents worth...

I never mentioned Drogheda, Gorey or Enfield. I'm giving my opinion on Lucan, which I think is an awful place (akin to legoland).

I'm glad to hear it takes you 40 minutes to get to work in the mornings. It's just that I think I would rather kill myself than endure 40 years of standing on a stuffy cattle train full of bleary commuters reading the 'Metro' and/or listening to FM104.

I get to work in 7 minutes (door to door), but maybe it's just I've got higher standards and expectations from life.

I never mentioned Drogheda, Gorey or Enfield. I'm giving my opinion on Lucan, which I think is an awful place (akin to legoland).

This thread is about Leixlip though???

I'm in Celbridge near to Leixlip at present and the journey to Dublin is certainly very do-able, I must be in the minority as have never had a major problem with the N4, assume it may be bad during rush hour but during the day its fine.

All the points made by suntot etc in favour of Leixlip I'd certainly agree with, the village is nice with some good pubs and resteraunts, its a pretty scenic area leading into the spa hotel and parklands and again good schools and ameneties in the area.

CelloPoint;272861 I think I would rather kill myself than endure 40 years of standing on a stuffy cattle train full of bleary commuters reading the 'Metro' and/or listening to FM104. quote said:
Strong words there Cello Point, but you're entitled to your opinion and you obviously feel passionately about this. I'm delighted for you that you only have a 7 minute commute-but the reality of the industry I work in means that almost all the jobs are based in Dublin city centre and I cant afford a property within 7 minutes of my workplace. I'm sure that there are lots of other people in the same situation. I live in Leixlip because I feel its offers a good quality of life and reasonable proximity to Dublin. I think its a bit patronising to claim that you have higher standards and expectations from life because you don't have to commute to work.

Getting back to Beech Park in particular, I did think the prices were quite high, but maybe this is because there is limited space in Leixlip for further developments. Eg the Louisa Park development is almost all apartemnts/duplexes isn't it? I do think that some of the second hand estates offer better value though, Rinawade and Ryevale for example

This thread is about Leixlip though???

Obviously Cellopoint's self-professed high standards don't extend to reading posts properly before rattling off his own ill-informed and supercilious rants.

Leixlip is unusual in the commuter belt in that over 7000 people are employed locally in HP and Intel. Those who are commuters have a reasonable train service, which similiar places eg Lucan don't. Would agree with suntot about 2nd hand estates here bing better value than Beechpark. But have to differ with regards space-Albany homes have permission for 200+ units at the Wonderful Barn (Behind Elton Court) and Treasury Holdings are moving the massive development they had planned for Balgaddy to Collinstown, (farmland eitherside of 'new' Intel/M4/Celbridge dual carriageway). There will be alot of new development Maynooth side of Leixlip. In this context, and given the size of the units, Beechpark is seriously overpriced.

I would have shared a similar negative sentiment about Leixlip before I got to experience it over the last few years. Compared to say Portmarnock/Malahide where I grew it, it doesn't actually come out that badly.
Positives:
brilliant train service if close to both train stations
excellent nitelink service, 30odd minutes
good walks
good start location for hittin the m/ways and main national roads
pretty enough looking village

negatives:
rough spots
nightlife in the town is terrible, watch your back :), and dont go near the ho-zone
a ****farm
smelly fields few days every year when the farmers spread the manure
buses are not so good, really need to be close to train
and again, the rough elements

Overall it's a far better place than I think one might assume. IMO ;)

Just wondering where you would consider the rough areas to be in Leixlip. Obviously everywhere has their rough spots but I personally can't think of anywhere in Leixlip that I could specifically say is 'rough' and a no go area maybe the village at 2.30 in the morning after the Ozone but is that not the same with every town/village in Ireland.

Just a point on Durkans being very good builders. My sister bought a house in Castle Grange in Clondalkin, on which the finish was deplorable. The wardrobes came off in her hand and it turned out they were stuck up with Silicone!

Back