Bank refused us a small loan - should we take our custom else where in protest

I wondered at that , why are they paying to advertise mortgages on TV if theyre not giving them out ?

I wonder about the A.I.B ad with the actor- To me it is a copy of a ad 12 months ago, at the time he could barely get a loan and now he has a mortgage in more difficult times. I think it is the same person.

In regard to bank loans etc i think loyalty build up over the years with a bank seems to mean nothing now.

Years ago i ask for an increase in overdraft from local branch- manager said i was asking for too much of increase. I rang 365 instead no problem. I dont think local managers have that much power.

Finally i knew of a soletrader who went for a bank loan and gave his accounts to bank for loan- Got a phone call from bank asking who were the shareholders?(not a company) also he looked at accounts and could not see the lease payments going through- As under accounting standards at time you were not allowed to put through p/l.- As these people are allowed to decide whether you get a loan