Bank Officials & Christmas Bonus!

Not sure who mentioned AIB and BOI but I know of one bank employee who got 20% of salary as bonus and another person who got 100%.

If I knew more of their work mates I could give more examples as most of them got nice bonuses.

What is their position in the company ?

Two anecdotal cases? Well that’s it; case closed. I withdraw my previous post and stand rebuked. You, Mr. Slicer, are vindicated. Well done!

I work in the dealing room for a financial institution and can get 100% bonuses in a good year as long as I make my targets. Unfortunantly for me, this has not been a good year so am unlikely to get anything!! And will probably be doing well to keep my job! Its common practice in this area of financial services.

I work in the dealing room for a financial institution and can get 100% bonuses in a good year as long as I make my targets. Unfortunantly for me, this has not been a good year so am unlikely to get anything!! And will probably be doing well to keep my job! Its common practice in this area of financial services.
No no, you get that every year, just like everyone else in private industry. Didn't you know that?
Anyway, I'd know better than you 'cause 'though I don't work in banking I once had a pint with a guy who does.

Two anecdotal cases? Well that’s it; case closed. I withdraw my previous post and stand rebuked. You, Mr. Slicer, are vindicated. Well done!

Vindicated? This is my first post on this topic.

I await you to withdraw your previous post which read "All I can say to that is AH, HA HA, HA HA, HA HA... what planet do you live on?"

All I was saying is that one bank I know of pays some nice bonuses.

People I mentioned are Assistant Manager and Manager. Assistant has got c15% for previous 3 yrs at lower grades.

EFM, AIB and bank of Ireland are not the only high street banks, Ulster Bank pays 10% profit share per annum + t2016 rises + increments within the payscale per grade. Most of the rest of the banks are not that disimiler, good luck to them is all I can say

EFM, AIB and bank of Ireland are not the only high street banks, Ulster Bank pays 10% profit share per annum + t2016 rises + increments within the payscale per grade. Most of the rest of the banks are not that disimiler, good luck to them is all I can say

I work for BOI. For the past 2yrs we've gotten 6% stock bonus - not a Christmas but July after profits announced. Up to that it was 3% & quite likely to go back to that for the future. No guarantees, the bank decides itself.

Only rise I get is the cost of living one as agreed in the PFP. Yes, you can get increments for the first few yrs based on Pay for Performance, which is down to your bosses assessment of your work (Not always impartial I might add !)
I'm one of those people who have now reached to ceiling for my grade so cannot get another rise unless I get promoted.

I think people confuse dealers & high flying bankers in the "city" with your normal high street variety.

Pay at management level is ok but competition is savage now for such positions.

Must say though we'd a great Christmas party & didn't have to pay a cent for it........so maybe we do have a few perks! Mind you that's down to individual managers & how they make use of their budget & mine is quite ok on that front.

Mpsox - my post was refuting your allegation that "virtually every high street bank in Ireland does"

actually, come to think of it, you probably do because that's what virtually every high street bank in Ireland does

Back