Bank Officials & Christmas Bonus!

Mopsy

Ok, just to clarify misleading information.

A member of my family works in one of the mainstream Banks (one of the major Irish Banks) and is being inundated with contributions to this organisation and that one at present as it is Christmas and I am not talking about Charitible Organistions! The "comment" that usually comes with the request is "Sure won't you be getting a fine fat Christmas Bonus". Well NO, it does not happen!! Wish that it would!!!!

So to clarify once again Bank officials DO NOT get Christmas Bonuses- they DO NOT get double their salaries!!! unlike MOST of the workers in mainstream employment!!!

Exactly what does this relative do at said bank?

All that aside, mind boggling post.

they DO NOT get double their salaries!!! unlike MOST of the workers in mainstream employment!!!

OK, but I certainly do not get a double payment either - neither does anyone I know well - I don't think it is as common as you might think.

So to clarify once again Bank officials DO NOT get Christmas Bonuses- they DO NOT get double their salaries!!! unlike MOST of the workers in mainstream employment!!!

I presume you are including public servants in "mainstream employment?" How very clarifying!!!!!!!:D

A member of my family works in one of the mainstream Banks (one of the major Irish Banks) and is being inundated with contributions to this organisation and that one at present as it is Christmas and I am not talking about Charitible Organistions! The "comment" that usually comes with the request is "Sure won't you be getting a fine fat Christmas Bonus". Well NO, it does not happen!! Wish that it would!!!!

Moved from Miscellaneous Non-financial Questions.

Mopsy, if by most people in 'mainstream employment' you mean those fund managers, then maybe.

The rest of us get a nominal bonus (if we're lucky) which is obviously taxed and that's a sweetener to have on recruitment agency ads.

Bank officials DO NOT get Christmas Bonuses- they DO NOT get double their salaries!!! unlike MOST of the workers in mainstream employment!!!
The vast majority of people I know in "mainstream" employment, do not get Christmas bonuses.

We have not even got a pay rise this year, let alone any bonus !!!
Please name ONE industry which is paying DOUBLE salary as a bonus this Christmas :confused:

Please name ONE industry which is paying DOUBLE salary as a bonus this Christmas :confused:

DO the soical welfare give double at xmas time ?

Im happy to say im getting a double week this year. One of the staff told me here the other day that the boss is very generous at xmas. Apparently the staff here get him pi88ed up on the xmas party. We also have 2 weeks off and are getting paid for that too... unreal i know. Im well pleased with it.

I work in IT and I've never gotten a xmas bonus. A few beers and a meal at the xmas party tho...

At least you get a bit of nosh and a few beers... that's strictly a bonus in itself. Most of us have to pay for our own overpriced Xmas meal and drink....:(

Another It worker here. Small bonus of 1%, (nice one boss that should get me across the toll bridge tonight after tax) and no salary increases as the company tightens its corporate belt to provide its clients with a more cost effective service. ie Charge customers more, blame rising staff costs, pass profits on to shareholders. There should be a law against such things or at the very least a Careers and Jobs section on AAM. Youd swear I was bitter..... Anyway, only posting coz the OP said

..the bit being untrue according to MOST replies here.

Just curious, where was this misleading information posted ?

being inundated with contributions to this organisation and that one at present as it is Christmas

We all get those kinds of requests.

So to clarify once again Bank officials DO NOT get Christmas Bonuses-

Was it unclear from the earlier part of the post ?

they DO NOT get double their salaries!!! unlike MOST of the workers in mainstream employment!

Please provide concrete examples in support.

Back