Ballsbridge, Dublin - how do i get there?

I got my eyes done one at a time and so did a friend a year later who was encouraged by my perfect result. Both of us have 20-20 perfect vision now. Probably too late for this now... but the surgeon would prefer to do both eyes at once but its well documented that the surgeons learn something technical from the way the first eye heals and the second eye is usually a better job and heals faster.

Has your OH been to Dublin lately if you havent ? if so then OH might be able to guide the way there and you can learn off how to get back ?
If youre going to the Blackrock clinic all you have to do is find the sea and Sandymount, drive south and you'll be in the general area. Just ask for directions or print out a map from google so you dont pass through it !

I think that the directions to turn right on the Naas Rd (where Luas turns), straight down the Canal, turn right after Maxol garage and right again after the first set of lights are more than simple to follow. If that's where you're going, there should be meter parking in the area and there are loads of little cafes and eateries around. Grafton St and O'Connel St are witin walking distance but it would be a longish walk.

Saturday morning traffic is not bad at all.

On the other hand, you can always stop and ask directions - you're a woman after all (DISCLAIMER: and so am I!)

Follow the N7 to the start of Inichore. Where the Luas turns right at the canal, you turn right also. Follow the canal to Baggot street bridge (Maxol garage just before junction . ) and turn right. Straight then into Ballsbridge. If you are going to the clinic on Wellington road, then when you turn into Baggot street, continue past next set of lights and then its the next right.

Can somebody confirm that you can still make the 2 right turns above as its been a while since i have done this.

This is not the quickest route but its probably the most straight forward.

I think this is the best route for you to take, where the Luas turns right is at "the black horse pub" when you turn right here you will have the canal on your left as stated the maxol station is just before the junction (it's on the left) when you turn onto Baggot st you will see Burger King on your left and at the next set of lights you will see Xtravision on your right (just some landmarks to work from).

Thanks everyone. Seriously, i feel a bit better now... ive printed this whole thread off and will work it out over the weekend. going to buy map tomorrow of dublin..

i think parking up somewhere at the end of Naas Rd and getting taxi in is probably my best option. or ill try driving in as far as i can go until i panic :( and then park up somewhere

On the other hand, you can always stop and ask directions - you're a woman after all (DISCLAIMER: and so am I!)

Women dont need to ask directions. dont u know that all women`s geographic co-ordinations are of excellence... ;)

*note - a humurous contradiction, hence the thread*

Hi ShootingStar,

you sound very anxious about the drive, the traffic and the parking.
Would you not consider taking the train from Cork to Dublin, and then just get a taxi to the hospital (not sure if there is a train in the morning that would get you there on time).

My parents frequently go to cork, and instead of driving, take the train. They enjoy the journey, reading, having a coffee etc, instad of battleing with traffic.

Ragazza

public transport is a no no. I think i have solved my problem. my friend is living in Lucan. i can drive to his house and he`ll drive in with us to Ballsbridge. Im happy enough with this set up really. I was telling him about this site and the advice etc.. he did mention that when you all said that traffic wont be too bad he laughed at this. Apparently Dublins "not too bad" is the same as Corks gridlocked traffic!!! :eek: oh my god...

thanks all anyway for helping me through this... much apprciated as always..

SS

Back