baby monitor doesn't work no receipt but have original packaging and bank statement

Re: baby monitor doesn't work no receipt but have original packaging and bank stateme

I just rang them now cos I don't want to be sitting in all day waiting for a call. Spoke to the manager that I spoke to on monday and she said she had spoken to mr toyshop owner yesterday and he said that without a receipt he wouldnt do anything and I can do what I like after that. I asked if she had spoken to him yesterday why hadnt she rung me and she said because I said if I didnt hear from them I would make a formal complaint. I said so you didn't think it would be good customer service to make the call and she said no and goodbye basically.

Re: baby monitor doesn't work no receipt but have original packaging and bank stateme

So - what now? SCC?

I'm putting it in writing first and if no joy small claims court. only writing letter cos I don't want them claiming they never saw me. Sending registered post. It only cost 30euro but its the principle, they can't be let away with that sort of thing.

Keep a record of all expenses incurred in case the SCC might grant you "costs" as well as the cost of the item (and your SCC fee?) if you win. I'm not sure if they do this. Otherwise SCC fee of €15 plus registered post plus other time and money expenses incurred could make it largely pointless other than on principle.

I don't care maybe they might think twice the next time when someone can't afford another 30euro for a monitor. Don't know whether I should report it to the manufacturer or not?

Don't think this issue is of any relevance to the manufacturer.

Also ring Con.Connect again. This time lodge a complaint and update them to the fact you were told 'no exchange' regardless of having bank statements. Get a case referance number from them and maybe put this in all correspondence.

Thanks ciars I have lodged an online complaint on the consumer connect website.

when filing complaint with scc how to I know who to address the complaint to i.e. who owns the company or is it the store manager or what??

Reading the thread - this is appalling behaviour by a retailer.

As a retailer myself, you had proof of purchase, the item is faulty, you're entitled to replacement or refund.

Worse still is the small amount involved - if it was €500, they may want more info, but 30 quid????

I think we all know what store you are talking about - I think the best option will be for people to avoid stores that don't respect customers rights.

The good news is I heard Byrnes are looking to move to the new retail park in portlaoise.

well mothercare are and there is an excellent baby store in clonminham so I won't be going back to this place

As I said in my earlier post they were very insistant on a receipt from me a couple of years ago. I can understand why retailers want receipts and luckily I found mine but I think there insistence in my case was stupidly so since it was obvious the toy had been purchased from them and they said there had been a load of returns of that toy. I reckon most people wouldn't have had a receipt and must have ended up in your position.

I'm amazed in your case that proof of the laser transaction and the low value involved hasn't resulted in an immediate replacement. surely anyone with sense would see that as you have a baby you are a potential customer for years to come and that even if they only lost your business that woud be worth hundreds if not thousands to them over the next 10-15 yrs. And it can't do them much good having you giving out about them around Portlaoise.

or blackken even?

It would be brilliant if Byrne's moved to Portlaoise too. I resent spending a single cent in the other place (after a poor customer service expericence too) but nowhere else in town has a good stock of toys for older children.

Don't think this issue is of any relevance to the manufacturer.
Legally that's correct - but the manufacturer might well be interested to hear how consumers are being treated. It might be worth a call or an email.

only got a chance to send registered letter last friday (busy with baby) and it was signed for on monday. Got a call this afternoon to come and collect my new baby monitor.

Back