B&B cancellation charges

i was going to email the girl back at the b&b and ask her what the story is with her cancellation charges and why did she wait till after i booked to email me them cancellation charges and why they not up on her gorgous website for people to view like so many other b&b websites especially since it is bord failte approved. And what happens in emergency's!!!that people cant come. Im very genuine and i would let her no in plenty of notice if mam dad couldnt make the trip but it a bit crazy that by giving her a weeks notice that she takes the full €160 from my credit card. Surely she can fill a room in a week.

I would like to ring her and cancel the trip but there dosent seem to be any other b&b's available due to St. Patricks Weekend.

I really am so maddened by this, i think it is scandalous!!

Why get mad? Just reply to her email, confirming the booking you have made, and pointing out that you were not notified of the additional terms in relation to cancellation charges until after you made your booking, and you are not accepting these additional terms at this stage. If she replies again and attempts to cancel the booking, tell her firmly but politely that you wish to maintain your booking as essentially you have no option otherwise, but that you will refer the original non-disclosure of the cancellation charges to the National Consumer Agency, Bord Failte and to RTE Liveline.

This is from the website you dirrected me to:
All cancellations outside of 14 days of arrival can be cancelled free of charge.
Between 14 & 7 Days - 50% of the room(s) cost
Betweeen 6 days & 24 hours - 75% of the room(s) cost

and these are the cancellation charges that i was sent after i booked:
Cancellation Charges:

Notice of 22-42 days:

60% of accommodation cost

Notice of 8-21 days
75% of accommodation cost

Notice of less than 8 days
100% of accommodation cost

think there a big difference there!!!

Back