Australian Merchandise

Swimmer1

Does anyone know where I can buy/get some Australian merchandise or typical Australian food i.e. Tim Tams etc.. I am organising a Sales Conference which has an Australian theme this week and would like to give the team a flavour of Australia. I have looked in Smyths for Kangaroos/ Koala bears to no avail! I am based in Dublin and as the conference is on Thursday, I need to get some things in a hurry!

All suggestions greatly appreciated!

Swimmer 1

The only teddy i can think of is Roo in winnie the pooh, im sure smyths would have him, also i think there could be a koala is Dora the explorer, sorry cant be of more help

Dublin Zoo shop might sell the cuddly toys that you're looking for. Probably not cheap though.

Would the people in Outback Bar on Parnell Street be able to advise on where to get Australian food maybe? I'm not sure if the owners or staff are actually Australian though...

They sell Tim Tams in Superquinn in Blanchardstown - presume they would also have them in their other branches

Swimmer,

There are some websites that may deliver from the UK before then. Try a google search for others.

http://www.sweetstall.com/acatalog/shop.html

There's a South African store - can't think of the name of it - on Liffey Street. They have some similar stuff like Stoney Ginger Beer.

Hope this helps.

Superquinn (Blackrock) have Tim Tams & Vegemite. I ordered some stuff -beer, chocolate & crisps - online from www.sanza.co.uk last Thursday evening & it arrived today by courier. They stock Sth African, Oz & NZ goodies, including beer!!

I've no connection with sanza.co.uk.

I've never seen Vegemite in Irish stores. Just Marmite. Is that the same thing?

I've never seen Vegemite in Irish stores. Just Marmite. Is that the same thing?

Hey Clubman,

Expect some angry retorts from Aussies! Vegemite is seemingly different to Marmite alright though in my experience they both taste awful.

Health stores seem to stock Vegemite (at about €6 a jar for that matter). The Nourish branches in Dublin definitely stock them.

Vegemite isn't quite as strong tasting as marmite, probably more like Bovril. Sutton Superquinn stocks it.

You can get Bundy Rum in some off licences as well although you'll pay a premium for it.

you could get that guy from the hardly normal adds around to do a talk (that is of course assuming he can talk and not just shout )

You can get Bundy Rum in some off licences as well although you'll pay a premium for it.

That stuff is nice... though it is much cheaper to buy in Sainsbury's in the UK. Best bet is to wait until you have to go over for some reason then stock up!