Auctioneers rates, Dublin ( Selling)

J

JerryA

Auctioneers rates, Dublin

I am about to sell a family house in Dublin City, Value > Eu2m and am very curious as to the best rate that can be negotiated with the agent.

In summary agents appear to want about 1% (+ all expenses, i.e. adds & brochure). It adds up to quite a bit.

Some small one-man-band will work for 0.5%, but I don’t think will have the profile.

Has anyone direct experience of best rates from the Sherry Fitz’s of this world?

Many thanks!!

The 1% is a ball park figure. I think if you're place is worth about 2million, I'd say they would be more than willing to negotiate the rate, . Afterall the more expensive the house, the bigger the sum of commission for relatively the same amount of work. Indeed taking into account the number of people who could afford a 2 mill home, I'd say they probably wouldn't have to work as hard.

I've got family that are investors/developers and generally they use Sherryfitz, Lisney or HOK when selling. If the property is under €1million u generally would be expected to pay around the 1% mark but for something around €2-3m or higher you should be able to negotiate as low as 0.7%. or 0.8%. But obviously for more expensive properties going to auction you would be looking at around €8-12k in advertising costs. Its always important to check out the competition and make sure you let all the agents know that your doing this as this may result in them making more attractive offers. Also advice for anybody selling is never ever just accept what the agents tell you their fee is initially. The big ones will often say its something like 1.2% but this is always negotiable.

A friend of mine got a rate 0.75% from HOK after a bit of hard-balling so they can be flexible, definitly worth shopping around especially for such an expensive house.

God im getting to be an expert on these. We are currently selling and ive done a bit of research. Here it is

Tommmher.ie .85% +vat of sale price
Movehome.ie €999 plus vat all inclusive
Dooley.ie 0.85% of sale price no other hidden costs
DNG (neighbour got 0.75%) plus vat.

Im working on some other fees at the mo.

BTW my house is currently valued at €335k

Thanks for this good info.
Looks like we will agree a tired rate, i.e. <<1% if we end us selling for less than an agreed target price, 1 % assuming the price is reached. That way we all win.....

Back