Artificial Christmas trees

almostthere

One of the jobs I really dislike every year is decorating the Christmas tree. Putting up the decorations and taking them down. However when the job is done I like the result and the joy it gives.
One of the benefits of having an artificial tree is that I can start the process of decorating the tree in November. A little bit at a time. I can also strip the tree a bit at a time.

Purple

Frequent Poster
One of the jobs I really dislike every year is decorating the Christmas tree. Putting up the decorations and taking them down.
The job I hate is when I've forgotten/ not bothered to bring it to any of the dozens of recycling points near me and then, usually in February, I have to cut it up and get it into the brown bin. One year I cut up all the branches really small, piled them in the barbecue and set fire to them. The flames went about 3 metres in the air. T'was like the afterburned on a F16, frightened the bejesus out of me.

joer

Frequent Poster
That would have frightened low flying aircraft...Purple :D
Artificial Christmas tree is for me and have been using it for years. I like decorating it at Christmas and even taking it all down afterwards. No bother then up in the attic for the next year and the next....

Bronte

Frequent Poster
The job I hate is when I've forgotten/ not bothered to bring it to any of the dozens of recycling points near me and then, usually in February, I have to cut it up and get it into the brown bin. One year I cut up all the branches really small, piled them in the barbecue and set fire to them. The flames went about 3 metres in the air. T'was like the afterburned on a F16, frightened the bejesus out of me.
Don’t you think it’s a bit too cold in a February for a BBQ!