Argos - Half price 'different' Russell Hobbs kettle

Caveat

Can't remember the exact pricing - originally €42 or thereabouts? now down to €21 - something like that.

We got one - it has a 'plate' rather than an element (better IMO) and actually looks quite funky - we're not normally that into gadgets or appliances, but this features a blue light which illuminates the water once the switch is activated which then turns red when it has boiled. Kind of looks good. Seems to be pretty quiet too.

Can't remember the exact pricing - originally €42 or thereabouts? now down to €21 - something like that.

We got one - it has a 'plate' rather than an element (better IMO) and actually looks quite funky - we're not normally that into gadgets or appliances, but this features a blue light which illuminates the water once the switch is activated which then turns red when it has boiled. Kind of looks good. Seems to be pretty quiet too.

I dont suppose u can remember the product number or what page its on

I didnt look closely, so hopefully Caveat will come back with an answer!

I'm pretty sure you linked to the kettle in question Smashbox. 'Concealed element' probably = plate I'm sure.

But...

Sorry guys, maybe I should mention at this point that this was in NI (Newry) - so the prices were £ST not € (not that there's much difference) :eek:

Still, half price - good offer.

Bought that kettle in Argos Cork - first one the on switch wouldn't work, took it back got a replacement - that leaked, brought it back again, seemed ok (only got it yesterday) this morning looks like the switch is dodgy again - didn't have time to have a good look at it as rushing out to work, so I'll have to have another look at it tonight. Anybody else have problems with it? (It does look good though & that's probably why I picked it - along with the price).

I also looked at UK & Euro prices for hoovers & emailed Argos regarding the following: Dirt Devil Vacuum Cleaner (406/3249) is €97.99, but is £68349
Also
Morphy Richards Bagless (405/7578) €89.99, but is £59.99 in Argos & Currys. Quite a difference!!

I know TLC, just pulling your leg!

The prices between UK and Eire are crazy of course, but I guess not everyone can make the trip so its good to show both N.I. and R.O.I. bargains.

Back